Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

GB: Vorsteiner style CF hood

Old 02-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Hey guys, so I have got the word back regarding the V-style hood that many of us have been wanting. The price is $575, and shipping is dependent on location. For Socal people, we can opt to pick up, otherwise for West Coast, it should be in the ball park of $80-$120, and East Coast people about $120-150.

The hood is as depicted, EXCEPT that it will be fully carbon fiber, meaning that the vents here in these pictures are not reflective of the product. Additionally, the vent wiring is removable, so if you would like to get it painted, or replace it with something else, you have the option.

With that said, we need at least 5 buyers, and hopefully we reach that by Tuesday. The reason is that they'll need to go into production, and come over on schedule with other shipment in the container. A refundable deposit of $150 will be required.

Let's get the ball rolling! I'm in for one!

1) nomis_nehc
2)
3)
4)
5)
Attached Thumbnails GB: Vorsteiner style CF hood-cimg3510.jpg   GB: Vorsteiner style CF hood-cimg3512.jpg   GB: Vorsteiner style CF hood-cimg3513.jpg   GB: Vorsteiner style CF hood-cimg3514.jpg   GB: Vorsteiner style CF hood-cimg3518.jpg  

GB: Vorsteiner style CF hood-cimg3520.jpg  
Old 02-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 530I

was there usually a bump in the middle? dont remember seeing it.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Contributors

Yes, the bump is on Vorsteiner's as well, this particular hood's is more prominent. Which from the pictures I have seen, I prefer this. If there's a bump, might as well be visible
Old 02-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

this is not the hood that mark has and skunk right?
Old 02-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Contributors

No, this one's bulge is more prominent like I said above.

I think it looks better in my opinion, and my guess is cheaper than Mark's (since Mark's shipping price is still up in the air after a week).
Old 02-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

i know it's your opinion but have you seen either in person or are judging based on mine and marks pictures? that bulge looks so ricey and out of place it's not even funny. You can see mine plenty well the pictures are deceiving if thats all your going by. otherwise they look like they are identical down to the vent's. So i'm sure fitment is going to be just as good
Old 02-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545I SMG

I think if the "power bulge" was a more subtle I'd be in. Also, the bulge looks a little too square. If you look at the Vorstiener hood, it follows the body lines of the hood shape. Great price though!

The Vorstiener is perfect IMHO

Old 02-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skunkd
i know it's your opinion but have you seen either in person or are judging based on mine and marks pictures? that bulge looks so ricey and out of place it's not even funny. You can see mine plenty well the pictures are deceiving if thats all your going by. otherwise they look like they are identical down to the vent's. So i'm sure fitment is going to be just as good
Honestly, I haven't. I disagree about it being ricey though. You see more bulges on American cars than Japanese cars actually.
And I am going by the pictures. Unfortunately, that is the only thing that most of us can go off by, so it is what it is. I don't need my hood to be an exact replica of Vorsteiner's hood, I just want a hood that I think looks good. Simply put, I am just a consumer that's looking for what's attractive to me.

Here's the deal, the seller you bought from basically have no idea when or if they might ever get these hoods again. I have been on them since November, and originally they said it would be early January. Now it's second week of February, and the status is now "we don't know".

I personally don't want to wait around anymore, especially since there's no clear answer or direction. I would rather pick up something that I like as well, and move on with it.

Originally Posted by socale39
I think if the "power bulge" was a more subtle I'd be in. Also, the bulge looks a little too square. If you look at the Vorstiener hood, it follows the body lines of the hood shape. Great price though!

The Vorstiener is perfect IMHO

Justin, I see and agree with what you're saying about the bulge being square-ish. Like I said above though, I personally don't care that it's not exactly the same as Vorsteiner's. *Again, looking at the two pics, their bulge is hardly visible to me
Old 02-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
No, this one's bulge is more prominent like I said above.

I think it looks better in my opinion, and my guess is cheaper than Mark's (since Mark's shipping price is still up in the air after a week).
Yes, it is cheaper than the one I am trying to sort out for you all...

Again, as i have mentioned many times.... i am here to help anyone interested in the bonnet that I have, and if it takes more than a week to get shipping quotes, then so be it. I am busy doing my real business.

Please, if you are happy with the over look of what you get then go for it... Just dont point fingers and say im not getting things done for u....
Old 02-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Contributors

Mark, I am sorry that you took what I said negatively. I am merely stating facts that it's been a process, and that it isn't necessary your job. You are just doing the people a favor after all. My point is that we have no ETA, and for all anyone know, it'll remain that way for awhile.

So for those who are ready to stop waiting, this is simply another option.

This is a group buy thread. Thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GB: Vorsteiner style CF hood