5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Group Buys (https://5series.net/forums/group-buys-28/)
-   -   e60's: Upgrade your dim yellow OEM Angel Eyes to PURE BRIGHT WHITE (https://5series.net/forums/group-buys-28/e60s-upgrade-your-dim-yellow-oem-angel-eyes-pure-bright-white-21916/)

ats77 02-14-2006 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by stream' post='237354' date='Feb 9 2006, 06:27 PM
Price is too high, for sure.

And this sounds like a potential can of worms:

As far as installation goes, the product works with non-xenon and adaptive xenons. Because the space inside the headlight is obviously a little tighter with the xenons, it will require you to pull the headlight out a little bit to get access to the old unit, and to put the new AngeliBright unit in.

Anybody know what's involved to do this?

:think: what about WARRANTY by BMW adaptive Xenons were not cheap... :P

CustomAngelEyes 02-14-2006 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by ats77' post='240187' date='Feb 14 2006, 03:00 PM
:think: what about WARRANTY by BMW adaptive Xenons were not cheap... :P

These will not void any warranty by BMW. We have been making electrical modifications on BMWs for over 4 years now, so we know what works and what does not. These have gone through a year of testing to make sure they will work 100% in all climates and conditions.

Also, I never said "most e60.net" members bought it, I said "many", and that is true.

They will post their reviews when they receive the Angel iBright later this week!

Dave

lightwurkz 02-14-2006 11:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
for $250 we can install brighter ones for you guys!!!!!!!!! check the pics and compare the light output! Also we can tint the orange reflector as well! let us know who's intrested in, www.lightwurkz.net 415-517-7866

soc_fans 02-15-2006 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by lightwurkz.net' post='240476' date='Feb 15 2006, 04:35 AM
for $250 we can install brighter ones for you guys!!!!!!!!! check the pics and compare the light output! Also we can tint the orange reflector as well! let us know who's intrested in, www.lightwurkz.net 415-517-7866

I wonder if the install can be done within a day? I realized you're located at San Francisco, and i'm sure many of us (bay area members) would be interested with your product. :thumbsup:

Hamann5 02-15-2006 04:29 AM

Those are my lights hehe we'll post pics at a later time

das 02-15-2006 04:59 AM

Guys, please keep this thread on topic for this product (AngeliBright).

If you want to talk about the Umnitza/lightwurkz.net product, please create another thread.

I feel this is a unique situation, since this is the first time such angel eye upgrades are coming to the US market fo E60, so let's not confuse things just yet. ;)

For all vendors, I believe it would be helpful to many folks, including myself, to explain how exactly the product works. For example, patents aside, specifications like:

- light source (LED?)
- light source type (LED chemical composition? E.g. GaN + YAG:Ce phosphor?)
- light output (mcd, lumens?)
- light wavelength (nm?)
- light color temperature (K?)

would be extremely helpful, and are inherent product characteristics that are important and should not be hidden. Any OEM information on the light source would be extremely helpful.

CustomAngelEyes 02-15-2006 05:07 AM

Thankyou das.

The CCFL/Umnitza rings product is for a completly different application. That person actually cut open the outer lense with a dremmel(or other electrical saw) and then glued the rings in there.

Since CustomAngelEyes.com has been doing Angel Eye headlights for over 4 years, we know what is involved with this process.

Obviously most people do not want to cut open their expensive headlights, never mind deal with the consequences of improper re-sealing(which is very difficult when opening the headlights in this fashion, even if condensation does not appear immediatly, it will later on). Also, they have to be wired seperatly with relays etc.

Ours is a simple plug and play, that leaves everything appearing like OEM, untill they are on. Be your own judge.

das 02-15-2006 05:20 AM

I think it's important to note the differences here:

The AngeliBright solution uses the OEM socket and doesn't require taking the headlights apart. It's simply a new lamp assembly that replaces the existing angel eye lamp assembly and can be done by the end-customer.

The umnitza solution typically requires baking or cutting open the headlight assembly, then installing additional rings and components for the lighting, but is *very* bright. So-bright-it's-very-visible-in-the-daytime bright. But, it's also much more invasive.

CustomAngelEyes, do you have any specifications or additional information about the light source (or minimally, the OEM information) here?

I, too, am a little concerned about the pricepoint for a product in this class. The PIAA and Brex solutions (Japan-only) are under US$200. Then again, they're Japan-only. ;)

By the way: the halogen E60 has a very different setup for angel eyes. It uses a total of 4 W5W mini-wedge-base lamps on light stalks, 2 per side. Because of this, the lights are also very easily (and cheaply) replaced with brighter and whiter bulbs.

Centurion 02-15-2006 08:21 AM

A method that consists of more labor and more time costs less than something that is a do-it-yourself "plug and play"??? Sounds backwards.

I realize the materials are different between the two methods, but the difference in price is too much to ignore.

Hmmm.... :think:

freed0m 02-15-2006 08:57 AM

Personally, I rather not cut into anything on my E60. I prefer the Plug-n-Play method of the AngeliBright solution and an extra $100 'investment' is a reasonable amount I'm willing to spend for a quality product that won't void my BMW warranty. :)

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='240590' date='Feb 15 2006, 09:21 AM
A method that consists of more labor and more time costs less than something that is a do-it-yourself "plug and play"??? Sounds backwards.

I realize the materials are different between the two methods, but the difference in price is too much to ignore.

Hmmm.... :think: