Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

*AIB* Angel iBright BRIGHT WHITE Group Buy for E60.net Members ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawrence' post='306392' date='Jul 3 2006, 12:19 PM
I don't have the FM radio problem and there's a bit unbalanced brightness but not serious!
Yeah but you do agree that if it's not serious and worth the trouble fo shipping them back, you have to agree that for this kind o money there shoudn't be any. It should have been perfect.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

one side is brighter than the other? now what??
Old 07-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by houbmw' post='306469' date='Jul 3 2006, 07:53 AM
one side is brighter than the other? now what??
Show a picture.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Members

My Ride: Black Sapphire Metallic 07' 550i

hmm Dave ard ? Havent seen him these days in the forum...if possible...could u clarify both issues ?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 Z4 Montego Blue, 07 530i Monaco Blue

The brightness issue was due to a bad matching batch, not our fault, but instead the manufacturer of one of the compenents. We had never had an issue with the manufacturer before, so we left most of the testing to them, on this component. Now we do more extensive testing before they ship, just to be safe.

The FM issue will have a simple DIY fix hopefully by the end of the following week.

We hope everyone has a great 4th of July!(although many on here are not American...you guys can still enjoy the day!)
Old 07-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Members

My Ride: Black Sapphire Metallic 07' 550i

Originally Posted by CustomAngelEyes' post='306592' date='Jul 3 2006, 02:18 PM
The brightness issue was due to a bad matching batch, not our fault, but instead the manufacturer of one of the compenents. We had never had an issue with the manufacturer before, so we left most of the testing to them, on this component. Now we do more extensive testing before they ship, just to be safe.

The FM issue will have a simple DIY fix hopefully by the end of the following week.

We hope everyone has a great 4th of July!(although many on here are not American...you guys can still enjoy the day!)
Woot...now thats nice....a fix for the FM issue...keep me updated alrite ? I getting one definitely
Old 07-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='306402' date='Jul 3 2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah but you do agree that if it's not serious and worth the trouble fo shipping them back, you have to agree that for this kind o money there shoudn't be any. It should have been perfect.
For this kind of money, we sure want perfect stuff. But I am too lazy to do the uninstall and ship them back for another pair of aib... ...
Old 07-07-2006, 03:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Lawrence' post='306684' date='Jul 4 2006, 07:14 AM
For this kind of money, we sure want perfect stuff. But I am too lazy to do the uninstall and ship them back for another pair of aib... ...
I'm afraid that if mine would have been dimm, then i would have done the same. too much trouble and bother to ship them back, refunds, fees and crazy stuff. It's not the end of the world after all.

Instead i got problems with the fittings. Looking incorectly at the picture and not reading the instruction right, i tried the 1st time the 1st method, and instead unscrewing the round thingie as shown in the instructions i unscrewed the housing that adjusts the beam for left lane driving and right lane driving as shown in the owners manual...and i did move that knob slightly and after i realised the mistake i now have the driver's main beam pointing slightly downwords than the right one. At 1st i thought i didn't fit back the xenon bulb but i think i just made a mistake there on that knob...hope i'll get it at the same level with the passenger one.
Also when i 1st turned them on one of the leds (from the driver's side) blinked a couple of times till it went fully lit. And that's it. Gave me a scary moment.

I just checked the setting on the "driving on the left" or "on the right" and it appears that shifting that knob from left to right makes the main beam tilt upword and downwords. Is this true or i'm just delirious?!

And here's one for you guys: The manual states at page 118 Xenon headlights that if you drive on the right (like i am right? or any other european) then the knob must be pushed to the innerredges of the car (to the middle). I agree that i played with the one on the driver's side so that one was messed up but i haven't opened the one on the passenger side. And now i did and guess what the knob was tilted on the outeredges of the car (for left lane driving as the manual states). So how can this be?!?
Guys that drive your car on the right, AND with the steering on the left please tell me how is that knob positioned on your cars?! I'm a bit confused right now...thanx!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

BettermakeWay, you just opened a new can of worms.

Sorry, can't help you out man. Hopefully, someone here can.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jiio' post='307957' date='Jul 7 2006, 06:53 PM
BettermakeWay, you just opened a new can of worms.

Sorry, can't help you out man. Hopefully, someone here can.
LOL ya it seems i did. Stupid... uf uf uf
Anyway....the headlights werea pain to get out really. I had to get out the caps of the space we had to work in, before i got the headlights out cuz either way i couldn't take them out. Also reallignament was a pain...but the biggest problem was the bulbs, take them out in that tight space OMG...but it was worth it.

Quick Reply: *AIB* Angel iBright BRIGHT WHITE Group Buy for E60.net Members ONLY