G30 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the G30. Accessories and modifications too!

I Have installed original wireless carplay system to my M5 2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Probation Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW F10 M5 2014
Model Year: 2014
Engine: V8
Default I Have installed original wireless carplay system to my M5 2014

i am excited to share my recent OEM upgrade journey, transforming my original BMW NBT system into the advanced BMW EVO ID6 system with a touchscreen display and wireless Apple CarPlay.
The results have been outstanding, and I wanted to provide you with a detailed account of the process. Because my BMW had NBT system it has Large 10.25 inch screen,
I have found online EVO set with special video cable with power inverter to make NBT screen work with EVO ID5/6 system.

Seller asked the last 7 digits of their car's VIN number to ensure compatibility. With the necessary information, I collected all the required parts:
1. EVO ID5/6 head unit with 4GB ram and with GPS module integrated
2. Video cable with power inverter
3. Wifi anthenna for wireless apple carplay
4. ENET coding cable
5. OABR coding cable

My OLD NBT system has same plugs and EVO ID5/6 so I just unplugged old unit and installed new EVO to same plugs.
additionally I have installed special video cable, WIFI anthenna that was included in the package and connected OABR cable.

After I have installed this evo to my M5 navigation menu said NAVIGATION LOADING. this mean car component protection deleted FSC codes.
that is not a problem because online coding engineer, connected to my car through remote coding service anydesk and reinstalled FSC,.

it took 15 minutes to set up computer, make a bridge between engineers coding pc and my pc to the car.
engineer connected with anydesk remote coding software and reinstalled deleted FSC codes.
after this job I have noticed that finally BMW maps menu appeared. this means we are all good.

After, I have found apple carplay option on the comminications menu, I have set up apple carplay and here we go.
origininal OEM wireless apple carplay without china aftermarket com boxes or other stuff.

share your thoughts, questions, or experiences regarding this upgrade. Should you require further assistance, I am here to provide additional insights based on my personal journey.

Last edited by NAVIANDBMWPARTS; 09-28-2023 at 05:29 AM. Reason: forgot to attatch photos :)