F10 M5 = Fake M5

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011 | 04:59 PM
Senior Members

From all those videos posted on here the f10 M5 sounds good, I don't see the need, unless that sound was enhanced too
Old 09-23-2011 | 05:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Not all reviews are bad!!!

here is what Car and Driver had to say:

"Quicker? Yes. More sophisticated? Yes. More fun in a hairpin? Yes."

"a shark in whale?s clothes that should bolt its comfortably well-off owner to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds or so, roughly a half-second quicker than the old M5 with the SMG single-clutch automated manual"

^^^NICE^^^

EVEN NICER!!!!

"But the suspension of forged control arms, links, and knuckles, which share virtually no part numbers with the current 550i?s, is more neutral than the old M5?s and more easily and progressively throttle-steered through corners. It may be heavier, but the new M5 felt lighter on its feet at the 3.4-mile Ascari circuit south of Seville, pea-shooting from corner to corner with blazing power, turning in smartly without noticeable roll in the body or squish-down in the tires, and then oozing out in one long, lurid, and controllable drift. "
Old 09-23-2011 | 05:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i M-Sport xDrive
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by m630
And read the 20 other articles out, yes they all pann the new M5 as a great car, but they nearly all say that its lost what made it special, its just a different type of car for a different client, and it has alienated its core constituency. The only reason to buy an M, imho, is for the engine!! 90% of the rest of the car is the same as the non-M, save some luxury items and additonal bs here and there, its the heart of the M that made all of us want one. For me, and I suspent many others, this negates the entire history of M, you can now get an AMG made by BMW, big wow :thumbsdown:

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews..._m5/index.html

"The biggest disappointment with the M5 is turbo lag. Yeah, yeah, how typical that I'm complaining about a turbocharged M5. Actually, I'm not complaining about the fact that the M5 wears turbos: I'm complaining that the S63TU engine has so much more lag than the non-Valvetronic S63 did. In that silly X6M (and the slightly less silly X5M), the turbos were among the most responsive I've ever experienced. Not so in the M5 - the lag is significant enough that you have to drive around it."
It may be not special but they still say it's a better overall sport sedan, and there is no turbo lag in TT V8, I have never experienced that in my 550xi. The power delivery is instataneous.
Old 09-24-2011 | 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pjinca
Possibly so, I have driven them, DBae's was a BEAST!!!! No doubt. Time will tell if it is a wrong decision by BMW. I don't think they (or we) should judge it fully on this model, there will be improvements and I am certain the LCI F10 M5 will be the real "supercar killer"
Yes dbae's M5 was an absolute beast. I could not believe how loud and menacing sounding that car was. It was such a fantastic car. Sadly, times they are a changing and BMW just did not want to enlarge a NA action to get more power as that would have plunged the M5's fuel economy even lower than it was in the E60 M5. It is sad tough as no turbo will ever sound like or have the precision control of a NA engine.