F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Yet another 5 series review....

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by Ricracing
We, who drives with eco F10's don't have any recalls...
Ric, I think you meant to post in the N54 Engine thread .
Old 10-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by bm323
Which would you say is the king? comparing that in the same class of course
The "King of the Chicane", that is what I am searching for currently.

Actually, I would like to quote what Edmunds Inside Line wrote when reviewing the Audi A6, since it describes my current situation searching for a new car:

While the 2009 Audi A6 3.0T is altogether pleasant, it should be better. It just doesn't get our blood pumping. Audi's only consolation is that the BMW 5 Series seems just as lost, while the new Mercedes E-Class.... Well, you really need the V8 in that car.

These midsize luxury performance sedans are in the middle of an identity crisis. They want to be fast, they want high horsepower numbers on their window stickers, but they know a lot of people want them for status and luxury more than raciness.

So I will probably save and get myself a Quattroporte .
Old 10-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Shebs
While the 2009 Audi A6 3.0T is altogether pleasant, it should be better. It just doesn't get our blood pumping. Audi's only consolation is that the BMW 5 Series seems just as lost, while the new Mercedes E-Class.... Well, you really need the V8 in that car.These midsize luxury performance sedans are in the middle of an identity crisis. They want to be fast, they want high horsepower numbers on their window stickers, but they know a lot of people want them for status and luxury more than raciness.So I will probably save and get myself a Quattroporte .
The Quattroporte is in a different class at a different price band ya Good if you can check out the Audi A6 and let us know your views, a number of forummers have said its handling is inferior to the F10.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bm323
The Quattroporte is in a different class at a different price band ya Good if you can check out the Audi A6 and let us know your views, a number of forummers have said its handling is inferior to the F10.
From my point of view, the A6 is an inferior handler to the E60 and the F10. However, I will have to verify this from a personal drive test of an Audi A6 quattro.

I will save for the different class QP. May be I can find one used .
Old 10-17-2010, 02:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shebs
From my point of view, the A6 is an inferior handler to the E60 and the F10. However, I will have to verify this from a personal drive test of an Audi A6 quattro.

I will save for the different class QP. May be I can find one used .
From my viewpoint you just hate the F10 more than anything else in this world. But that won't be an obstacle for the F10 to be the clear leader in its segment AS ALWAYS! Go and buy your idiotic toy called quattroporte.
REAL KINGS DRIVE BMW!!!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BabkenBMW
From my viewpoint you just hate the F10 more than anything else in this world. But that won't be an obstacle for the F10 to be the clear leader in its segment AS ALWAYS! Go and buy your idiotic toy called quattroporte.
REAL KINGS DRIVE BMW!!!!!
The QP is one of the greatest handling large executives in the automotive world. It is not as reliable as BMWs, but it cuts through corners like nothing else of its size and weight. Just read its reviews or try to get to test drive it someday.

Regarding the F10, I do not hate it at all, I am just annoyed of some of its handling attributes. And I think it might be my next car sooner or later due to the directions that most of the competitors are taking .