F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Yet another 5 series review....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/re...mentid=1135667

A generic review but overall, very positive.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Pete,

This review has already been included in BabkenBMW's thread posted yesterday.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Yup, my bad...sorry.

How about this?:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/18/au...s&st=cse&scp=4
Old 10-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Yup, my bad...sorry.

How about this?:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/18/au...s&st=cse&scp=4
Nice review. Pay attention to the following:
"Yes, some people buy a BMW for the badge. But the real prestige of the 5 Series, and its continuing superiority, has nothing to do with the badge, and everything to do with what?s inside." I'd say it this way: "People's respect for BMW badge comes from the essence of BMW automobiles".
Old 10-12-2010, 04:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

I noticed that Lawrence Ulrich, who wrote the NY Times article, works for MSN Autos as well but he did not write the MSN article. What a coincidence .

The NY Times is a much better review than the MSN one by the way, but still criticizes the extra weight and the "Icy Steering" as he describes it.

I agree with his statement: "Facing a 1,000-mile journey and given a choice of any car in this fiercely competitive segment ? Jaguar XF, Mercedes E-Class, Infiniti M, Audi A6 ? I?d grab the BMW?s chunky key fob and never let go." That is if I was facing a 1,000-mile journey.

However, my decision might be different if I was facing a chicane .
Old 10-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shebs
I noticed that Lawrence Ulrich, who wrote the NY Times article, works for MSN Autos as well but he did not write the MSN article. What a coincidence .

The NY Times is a much better review than the MSN one by the way, but still criticizes the extra weight and the "Icy Steering" as he describes it.

I agree with his statement: "Facing a 1,000-mile journey and given a choice of any car in this fiercely competitive segment ? Jaguar XF, Mercedes E-Class, Infiniti M, Audi A6 ? I?d grab the BMW?s chunky key fob and never let go." That is if I was facing a 1,000-mile journey.

However, my decision might be different if I was facing a chicane .
In case of facing a chicane the 5 Series is the KING too.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BabkenBMW
In case of facing a chicane the 5 Series is the KING too.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Members

Which would you say is the king? comparing that in the same class of course
Old 10-13-2010, 02:23 AM
Members

ps a 1000 mile journey can be with varying roads, autobahn to chicane
Old 10-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Petes550i
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/re...mentid=1135667
A generic review but overall, very positive.
We, who drives with eco F10's don't have any recalls...

Quick Reply: Yet another 5 series review....