F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Wife Likes the F10 Looks . . . but I'm on the Fence

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F10 looks heavy in person and inside is bigger too. I likes it
Old 09-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
f10 looks nothing like that g35. it looks like this....

a little difference in the shape of the lights but i think the lexus looks more like the f10 than any other car out
You mean it looks like this:
Wife Likes the F10 Looks . . . but I'm on the Fence-sonata-side.png
Wife Likes the F10 Looks . . . but I'm on the Fence-bmw-side.png

Several reasons to be on the fence:

1. Got to wait for the look to "grow on me." Yeah, I know, that sounds pretty lame. :thumbsdown:
2. I'm not getting anything less than 500 HP.
3. Hesitant about 1st year "turbo" but that should be minor now that BMW has a few years tweaking with it 3.0 and 4.4
4. It might just be my last car since my visions is aging and therefore, my reaction times will be hindered; hence I need 500+ HP to compensate.
5. The damn car I think I want is not out yet and I really don't know what it looks like, but I'm not loving either the stock or the M package.
6. I haven't test driven the v8 TT yet because the stealer wants an arm an a leg plus full msrp right now. So I don't want to waste anybody's time.
7. Last be not least, got to save a few more doughs to get what I think I will want. A couple more year will definitely do the trick.

If the economy stays the way it is, I'll probably be asking, "Should I get a final year e60 M5 or a F10 550i?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Alright, I've been hearding that the F10 is an "evolution" from previous generations. Since I never own one before, could someone show me (picture is worth a lot) what is meant by evolution other than the standard technological advancements that every car model progresses?
Old 09-04-2010, 01:31 AM
@mr
Members

My Ride: BMW 525i e60 (private) M-style,, Carbon Black, HUD, MM Interface. And a BMW 325 e90 (Business),

A e60 M will depreciate probably faster now the F10 M is out.Unless you can twist an arm and a leg out of your dealer, I personally would not do this.
As for looking alike.. that is a matter of perception. The taillights as shown might look alike, but the lights of a 3 Coupe look the same as well.. and lets face it.. only others will ever see the back of you F10 with 500BHP. If you see the tail of your own car whilst driving, you have another problem
The front-scoop. Well. for me even the scoop of a Lambo Gallardo or Ferrari Enzo or Alfa Romeo GTA look remotely similar ;-)

As for the looks..well.. today aerodynamics dictates the design of a car. It is harder to differentiate yourself as a brand. I personally think BMW is still able to differentiate itself.

All is subjective of course and based on personal preferences.... but if your financial control.... euh ...... wife likes the car.. you are half way there anyhow I think

Ar.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

F10 has no personality. It's like the 2007 3 series, just another car.

E60 is unique, no other car out there comes even close to its sleek design, so it will continue to stand out in the crowd.

Period.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by LeuS
F10 has no personality. It's like the 2007 3 series, just another car.

E60 is unique, no other car out there comes even close to its sleek design, so it will continue to stand out in the crowd.

Period.

Are you serious?!

The E60 is about as "unique" right now as a Toyota Camry .......it's frickin everywhere! I see at least 5-6 E60's on my way to work every day!

The Bangle design is old news and there are lots of BMW faithful out there (i.e. former and current E34 and E39 owners included) who can't wait 'til it dies a complete and total death.

You either embrace change or get out of the way.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Members

I like the F10 a lot, just like the E60, it`s just great. I have an E39 and the F10 is more like the E39 then the E60 if you look to the shape of the car.

I don`t see the copying with the other car, I think it`s the reason why people say that all cars are the same nowadays. Only people who are interested in cars see the difference between some cars. If you want to now why a F10 is differend, testdrive it!
Unfortunately here in Holland you cannot go to the dealer and say, I want to testdrive this car, that easely. Especially when your 26, like me, they send you homewards.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Are you serious?!

The E60 is about as "unique" right now as a Toyota Camry .......it's frickin everywhere! I see at least 5-6 E60's on my way to work every day!

The Bangle design is old news and there are lots of BMW faithful out there (i.e. former and current E34 and E39 owners included) who can't wait 'til it dies a complete and total death.

You either embrace change or get out of the way.

Many of those faithful have yet to buy the f10. And many finally got the bangle idea, as the e60 turned out to be the best selling 5 ever.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan
Many of those faithful have yet to buy the f10. And many finally got the bangle idea, as the e60 turned out to be the best selling 5 ever.

The F10 has only been out for less than 3 months.....Way too early to judge. That being said, there wasn't exactly a "stampede" of people rushing out to buy the E60 during the first initial months of introduction. The E60 may have turned out to be a tremendous success in terms of sales, but it was also one of the most controversial BMW models ever.....when it first came out, it was almost universally hated by both the press and BMW loyalists. The Bangle design was responsible for lots of loyal BMW customers jumping ship and migrating over to MB or Japanese imports. (I personally know several friends of mine who used to be BMW enthusiasts who jumped ship because of Bangle). It took years for the public and the press to come to terms with the design and BMW had to make a myriad of tweaks to the car along the way to make it all work. The E60 was no overnight success....it was a huge gamble for BMW and they were very lucky it all came out well in the end.

The F10 is a more conservative design...it recalls the design elements from the E34 and E39. Those well-accustomed to the Bangle design may think it's boring but the F10 is actually more BMW-looking than the E60 ever did. (The E60 was actually described by the press as looking more "Japanese" than anything BMW ever produced up to that point).
Old 09-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

You're right, that's what happens to me, I find the F10 too boring, as boring as the new 7 series, and as common as the 07 3 series. Personally, I loved the E60 since the first time I saw it. I used to have a 2002 3 series coupe and the E60 was the perfect upgrade.

It may be more BMW material, I'm just not feeling the F10, it's not an evolution from the E60.

Quick Reply: Wife Likes the F10 Looks . . . but I'm on the Fence