F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Sapphire Black F10 535iA Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Ricracing
O uh yes, I forgot that you have key less go

Damned, I'm having a hard call for bids and counteroffers going on.

Next week I will put in a order...
Hi,

No I haven't got a keyless go, but only the standard F10 solution - you only need to open the door and have the key inside the car to start the engine

TGII
Old 04-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

O uh yes, I forgot that you have key less go
Well, as you probably know. Keyless engine start/stop is now standard on the F10
With the option "Comfort Access" you also get keyless lock/unlock of the doors.
*Jukka is way faster than I to respond...*

(BTW. I have placed an order for a Solid Black 520d too . I would have loved sports seats w fabric (I have sports w dakota now, but I'm not so keen about leather anymore) so now it looks like I'll have to settle for std seats. I hope that they a good enough...)
Old 04-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by bimmernic
TGII, Congratulations! I have ordered the same interior as yours (but without the anthracite headlining) and am glad to see that I made the right choice.

With respect to the ride and handling, you mentioned in one of your earlier post that you found the F10 on adaptive suspension and in "Sports" mode to be more comfortable than the E60 Sport suspension.

For the F10 on the M-Sport suspension:

(a) how comfortable is it when compared to the F10/adaptive suspension/"Sport" mode - is it less or more comfortable?

>>>> I asked this from Munich - they told that it's between normal and sport mode. The biggest difference is that it's missing the active anti roll system

(b) would you say that it is between the "Sport" and "Normal" mode of the F10/adaptive suspension in terms of comfort, that is, harder than the "Normal" mode but softer than the "Sport" mode?

(c) do you find it to ride to harshly or to "crash" over expansion joints or imperfections in the road (portholes, etc)?

>>>> It's always how you compare it - as I had three E60 with M-Sport suspension and F10 is really not harsh at all compared to E60 with M-Sport.

(d) do you find it to roll much when taking corners?

>>>> No, I find it stabile and really nice to drive. Comfortable and still very solid.

Apologies for the many questions as I am trying to decide whether to add the M-Sport suspension to my order. There are some not quite favourable comments on the ride and handling of the F10 on the standard (non-adaptive) suspension on 18" RFTs, in particular, the review by Autocar UK and other UK based publications when compared to the F10 on the adaptive suspension.

Many thanks.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Great colour combo you have gone there. I like the aluminium touches on the interior to break up the white & black. It really is a very classy interior they have put together.
I thought the M-Sport suspension would look a little lower, but maybe thats just the pictures. (My M-Sport E60 looks quite low to me in real life but some times doesn't look lowered on some of my pics.)

What do you think of the Integral Active Steering? Is that with 4-wheel steering, right?
(I know from having 2 E60s without Active Steering and now 2 with, it makes a BIG difference.)

Enjoy!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Hi Scandic24,

Congrats for your F10 520d order. It has a very nice little engine,
and the new auto gearbox is excellent.

Yes, I realized also that the keyless engine start/stop is now standard on the F10,
one just needs to put the key in the ashtray - I mean among the cup holders...

I hate leather seats, I had the std seats in my '04 and '05 E60's and they where just fine.

But I must say, that the F10 sport seats are much, much better than the ones in the E60.

Hope the standard seats has upgraded the same.

When do you get your car?

Ps. Jukka, one learnes.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Members

My Ride: Just gone-520d m sport- Jet Black- Dakota Leather black- AluCube interior, On order- F10 520d SE-Titanium Silver

With standard keyless go you do not have to place key in ashtray to start car- you can if you want but in your pocket is fine.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:31 PM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

clean f10; and super clean garage
Old 04-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by bimmernic
TGII, Congratulations! I have ordered the same interior as yours (but without the anthracite headlining) and am glad to see that I made the right choice.

With respect to the ride and handling, you mentioned in one of your earlier post that you found the F10 on adaptive suspension and in "Sports" mode to be more comfortable than the E60 Sport suspension.

For the F10 on the M-Sport suspension:

(a) how comfortable is it when compared to the F10/adaptive suspension/"Sport" mode - is it less or more comfortable?

(b) would you say that it is between the "Sport" and "Normal" mode of the F10/adaptive suspension in terms of comfort, that is, harder than the "Normal" mode but softer than the "Sport" mode?

(c) do you find it to ride to harshly or to "crash" over expansion joints or imperfections in the road (portholes, etc)?

(d) do you find it to roll much when taking corners?

Apologies for the many questions as I am trying to decide whether to add the M-Sport suspension to my order. There are some not quite favourable comments on the ride and handling of the F10 on the standard (non-adaptive) suspension on 18" RFTs, in particular, the review by Autocar UK and other UK based publications when compared to the F10 on the adaptive suspension.

Many thanks.
First of all, congrats to the OP on a beautiful looking F10.

As far as suspension choices go, I would never get a 5 Series without the sports suspension. To me, a BMW does not drive like a BMW without the sports suspension. I have yet to drive the F10, but the E60 handles and corners like an absolute pig without the sports suspension. I have found the handling/cornering characteristics of the E60 without the sports suspension to be appalling -- tons of body roll and limited grip. My mother's base 2009 Acura TL corners 100 times better than an E60 with the standard non-sport suspension. If you value handling, get the sport suspension.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Senior Members

Hi Scandic24,

Congrats for your F10 520d order. It has a very nice little engine,
and the new auto gearbox is excellent.

Yes, I realized also that the keyless engine start/stop is now standard on the F10,
one just needs to put the key in the ashtray - I mean among the cup holders...

I hate leather seats, I had the std seats in my '04 and '05 E60's and they where just fine.

But I must say, that the F10 sport seats are much, much better than the ones in the E60.

Hope the standard seats has upgraded the same.

When do you get your car?

Ps. Jukka, one learnes.
Actually, I'm heading for my dealer in a few minutes to check status
I'll report back later today.

As you said, the sports seats are very nice. But with leather in this climate... Naaa..
I would have loved fabric sports seats though... I'll probably be putting the "leather"-money into some other nice stuff instead.

As BRAD say, you can leave the key fob in your pocket.
The downside for this is that the fob is slightly bigger than the old one (probably due to a larger RFID-antenna) and you will also have to change battery in the fob from time to time (the old one was charged when it was in the holder). If the battery should get empty, you have to hold it up against the steering column where the old holder was to start the engine. Then you can put it back into your pocket again.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Beautiful!

Quick Reply: Sapphire Black F10 535iA Pictures