F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Which Mod for ~$2K?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by Ricracing
The Dinan chip will kill the engine in a couple of years.

20" wheels and tires are useless but makes the car a looker.

2-3 k$ is not much fore anything.

If you have a nice lady invest in her, if not, have a nice holiday.

The Dinan chip comes with a 4yr. warranty.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Are you talking about the Dinan chip? Isn't it removable? If it is, I could possibly resell that when my lease ends.
is it a chip/piggyback or is it an ecu tune/flash? I thought it was a flash...if so, that's not removable..

I'm referring to this: http://www.dinancars.com/shop/index....-xDrive#page=1
Old 06-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
is it a chip/piggyback or is it an ecu tune/flash? I thought it was a flash...if so, that's not removable..

I'm referring to this: http://www.dinancars.com/shop/index....-xDrive#page=1

Looks like you're right, Gene....it sure looks like a flash. In any case, if it works as advertised, it'll be a blast!

Anyways, I called my parts guy at my local dealership and they're willing to take $300 off the Dinan chip if I go for it for being a long-time customer!

Man, this is harder than I thought!.......I know Dinan has a solid reputation but I'm still a little skeptical about their claims. (I wish there was somebody out there who has done it already and see what their result is).
Old 06-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530iA 04

Originally Posted by Ricracing
The Dinan chip will kill the engine in a couple of years.

20" wheels and tires are useless but makes the car a looker.

2-3 k$ is not much fore anything.

If you have a nice lady invest in her, if not, have a nice holiday.
+1
Old 06-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Banned

Kw v3!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Looks like you're right, Gene....it sure looks like a flash. In any case, if it works as advertised, it'll be a blast!

Anyways, I called my parts guy at my local dealership and they're willing to take $300 off the Dinan chip if I go for it for being a long-time customer!

Man, this is harder than I thought!.......I know Dinan has a solid reputation but I'm still a little skeptical about their claims. (I wish there was somebody out there who has done it already and see what their result is).
pete, do you have the efficient dynamics options? If so, might want to read this:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509919
Old 06-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
pete, do you have the efficient dynamics options? If so, might want to read this:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509919

Thanks for the link, Gene.

All F10's I believe, including mine, have efficient dynamics. (Personally, I really don't know what real benefits are gained by having this......maybe it's a "marketing thing.")

The software on these cars are so complex, I'm really not surprised that this problem occured. But it seems from the link that the Dinan flash does work.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the link, Gene.

All F10's I believe, including mine, have efficient dynamics. (Personally, I really don't know what real benefits are gained by having this......maybe it's a "marketing thing.")

The software on these cars are so complex, I'm really not surprised that this problem occured. But it seems from the link that the Dinan flash does work.
the other reason I linked that thread was because there are a few members there with the dinan flash, so perhaps a pm to a few members there might help answer any q's you might have....
Old 06-15-2011, 08:37 AM
e6t
Senior Members

This begs the question... if you lease a car and put the dinan tune on it, since, in theory it voids the factory warranty, what happens when you go to turn the car in?

could one lease a car with the tune installed from teh dealer?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by e6t
This begs the question... if you lease a car and put the dinan tune on it, since, in theory it voids the factory warranty, what happens when you go to turn the car in?

could one lease a car with the tune installed from teh dealer?
well, you could flash the car back to stock prior to turning in your vehicle.

Technically dinan will have that vehicle and it's VIN in their system, so the Dinan warranty should not be voided regardless of owner

Quick Reply: Which Mod for ~$2K?