F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Interesting Comments On Release Dates

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the current issue of Roundel (page 31) there is a summary of BMW's new model releases.

They confirm that the F10 5 series will debut at the March 2010 Geneva auto show. But now that we know that some official photos are due out soon (Nov 23), doesn't March seem like too long of a gap? Might the launch move up sooner now?

Anyway, an interesting additional comment is that the M5 will follow the standard 5 series by about 6 months! Cool - I figured it would lag by one year.

Another highlight is that the new 6 series will be introduced in the second half of 2010 (as a 2011 model). That also is sooner than I would have guessed.

And a final nugget: the CS Concept Coupe may not be completely dead. The talk now is that the car may be built as part of the next-gen 6 series. Now that is definitely a car I want to see ... and drive ... and own!
Old 11-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Black on Black 530xi. NAV, Prem, Cold weath...

Soooo exciting! The 5 series starts production in December! I still hear that the debut is march. I dunno guess we will have to wait and see.

Very exciting news on the CS Concept as well that car is hot! and I would love to own that as well! haha
Old 11-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='1051858' date='Nov 10 2009, 04:04 PM
In the current issue of Roundel (page 31) there is a summary of BMW's new model releases.

They confirm that the F10 5 series will debut at the March 2010 Geneva auto show. But now that we know that some official photos are due out soon (Nov 23), doesn't March seem like too long of a gap? Might the launch move up sooner now?

Anyway, an interesting additional comment is that the M5 will follow the standard 5 series by about 6 months! Cool - I figured it would lag by one year.

Another highlight is that the new 6 series will be introduced in the second half of 2010 (as a 2011 model). That also is sooner than I would have guessed.

And a final nugget: the CS Concept Coupe may not be completely dead. The talk now is that the car may be built as part of the next-gen 6 series. Now that is definitely a car I want to see ... and drive ... and own!
The short time lag between the rollout of the non-M5 F10s and the F10 M5 is no surprise. The car mags this month are reporting that BMW is dropping a tweaked version (producing around 600 bhp ) of the TTV8 in the X5M and X6M into the F10 M5. This was in sharp contrast to the E60 M5's NA V10 which was not shared with other prior BMWs.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Senior Members

Thats just another proof that we are spoon-fed by BMW's PR machine all the time. All of these "spyshots" are clearly set-up by BMW, and I mean really ALL of them.

If that was not the case, we would have seen at least a few 6-series "spyshots" - we have one year until launch of the 6-series and not even a single pic!??

At least that means that the company is still able to surprise us, if and when it wants - and the fact that they haven't shown us any 6-er pics, means just that (I hope) - the big surprise will be the new 6. Maybe in CS-style??
Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by mmitev' post='1052270' date='Nov 11 2009, 03:05 AM
Thats just another proof that we are spoon-fed by BMW's PR machine all the time. All of these "spyshots" are clearly set-up by BMW, and I mean really ALL of them.

If that was not the case, we would have seen at least a few 6-series "spyshots" - we have one year until launch of the 6-series and not even a single pic!??

At least that means that the company is still able to surprise us, if and when it wants - and the fact that they haven't shown us any 6-er pics, means just that (I hope) - the big surprise will be the new 6. Maybe in CS-style??
Umm, here you go, buddy:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/10/29/2010-bmw...ries-spy-shots/

Don't be so mad

and how do you propose to make cars invisible? How is it possible for anyone to test a new car without taking it outside? And if it goes outside, someone with a camera or a phone is bound to see it and snap a pic and post it somewhere (on a forum, maybe? ).

Anyway, I hope the above facts and my nasty attitude have taught you a valuable lesson
Old 11-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Contributors

Unrelated to the F12/F13, but still cool as fvck on a Monday afternoon:
Interesting Comments On Release Dates-racer_x_design_bmw_rz_m6_3.jpg
Interesting Comments On Release Dates-racer_x_design_bmw_rz_m6_1.jpg
Old 11-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Senior Members

alright alright... you got me here

but I'm still wondering why I didn't see any 6 spy shots on all these car websites that I follow..? the 5 is there every week with new shots..

whatever. but you know what? I was still right at the end of my post - my completely blind assumptions about a CS-like 6 turned out to be pretty much on the spot, at least judging by all those renderings you can't deny that
Old 11-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mmitev' post='1052298' date='Nov 11 2009, 05:26 AM
alright alright... you got me here

but I'm still wondering why I didn't see any 6 spy shots on all these car websites that I follow..? the 5 is there every week with new shots..

whatever. but you know what? I was still right at the end of my post - my completely blind assumptions about a CS-like 6 turned out to be pretty much on the spot, at least judging by all those renderings you can't deny that
renderings? What renderings?

and you didn't catch the spy shots on those sites that you follow because...

wait for it...

wait for it some more...

a bit more...

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!
YOU WATCH THE WRONG WEB SITES!

Well, rather, you don't watch the ones you - apparently - want to be watching. But this far into my rant, 1. who's still reading this crap? and 2. Does it really make any difference? What is all this for? Why are we alive?

See the answers to these questions - and MUCH more - in my next post
Old 11-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Contributors

I hope this is NOT it:
Old 11-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Senior Members

in answer to "which renderings?" - I mean all these:
http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/05/31/spy-vide...1-bmw-6-series/
http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/04/15/most-lik...ouldnt-mind-it/
http://www.bmwblog.com/2007/06/14/2011-bmw...-controversial/
http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/10/19/new-rend...1-bmw-6-series/

with watching the websites I mean the european car magazines, which regularly publish 5, 3, 7-series and M-cars spy shots, as well Audi and MB spy shots... apparently I haven't been reading the 6-series blogs, where the pics appear.

you got it now?

and on everything else - you are right, which reminds me that we are all wasting our time here..

Quick Reply: Interesting Comments On Release Dates