F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

How to turn the traction control off

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 535i Titanium Silver (F10)

i have a 535i f10 with dynamic drive control and the sport automatic...
any help? cheers
Old 10-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

From F10 manual:

Deactivating DSC
Press and hold the DSC off button, but not longer than approx. 10 seconds, until the indicator lamp for the DSC lights up in the instrument cluster and DSC OFF is displayed in the tachometer.
The DSC system is switched off.

Also, please note that when you just press the DSC button without holding it, the DSC is not completely deactivated. The traction control (on the rear wheels) is limited leaving the rest of the DSC functions operating. This is what BMW refers to as DTC (Dynamic Traction Control). In this mode you will be able to set the rear of the car loose with proper accelerator and steering wheel use. However, once the car's rear end sets loose to a severe degree the DSC will still intervene and correct your car's path. The DTC is the same mode activated when your Dynamic Driving Control program is set to Sport+.

Furthermore, the DSC will be fully switched back on when you activate the cruise control or when you stop the engine and restart it again.

I recommend that you start familiarizing yourself with the car's handling in corners with DTC feature, whether you activate it by pressing on the DSC off button once whithout holding it or by selecting Sport+ from DDC. Once you master the handling of the car with the DTC, you can then switch the DSC completely off. If you have access to a skidpad or something similar, you can switch the DSC off completely and try your car right away.

Hope this helps .
Old 10-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 535i Titanium Silver (F10)

thanks mate! that helps, now i just have to try and make the tyres last