F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Help with colour choice

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Just gone-520d m sport- Jet Black- Dakota Leather black- AluCube interior, On order- F10 520d SE-Titanium Silver

I'd appreciate candid views on titanium silver as a colour choice for an F10. I'm pretty set on it but don't see it mentioned on the forum much. Space grey seems very popular but I want something to contrast with showline trim. Don't spare my feelings, is titanium silver condsidered naff?
Old 09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by BRAD
I'd appreciate candid views on titanium silver as a colour choice for an F10. I'm pretty set on it but don't see it mentioned on the forum much. Space grey seems very popular but I want something to contrast with showline trim. Don't spare my feelings, is titanium silver condsidered naff?

It's refreshing to respond to a legit F10 question now after going at it with the haters all day.

Titanum silver is a nice color.....understated and low maintanance. However, there are lots of silver-colored cars on the road these days so it's much easier to blend-in if you don't mind that. I think white, though, will contrast better with the shadowline trim.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Agreed, the Titanium Silver is clean and basic. Easy to care for too! Pretty common on cars here in the states, not sure about Ireland. The darker colors are sweet but require much more maintenance. Get what YOU want...
Old 09-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

TS thread over on f10posts..

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329653

I saw a TS f10 about 2 wks ago...didn't look bad at all, but I'm biased to AW....GL with your decision
Old 09-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Titanium Silver is the color if you live in a dirty city.... Easy to look clean even with dust/dirt on it.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by BRAD
Silver with all black int and trims is a good contrast.

I had a TS E60 with black Nappa leather and it looked very nice.

You only need to wash a TS car twice a year.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Silver with all black int and trims is a good contrast.

I had a TS E60 with black Nappa leather and it looked very nice.

You only need to wash a TS car twice a year.
Hello,

and a black one twice a week black isn't a color of a car, it's a hobby

BR TGII with three black BMWs....
Old 10-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Members

My guess is that the titanium silver would be the easiest color to keep clean. Personally it looks too plain to me. I would go Alpine White or Space Gray for a color that has a little more panache than the TS. Obviously opinions are personal and subjective. I am driving Space Gray now and find it an easy maintain. For my next one, I am considering AW, a dark gray, or possibly ( gulp ) the black. Cleaning cars is not objectionable to me, but I am a little worried that the darker colors might be a bite more than I care to chew...

The 5 is a beautiful car and would look good in YOUR favorite color, whatever that may be!

Paul
Old 10-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA
...and a black one twice a week black isn't a color of a car, it's a hobby
Have not washed my car since the E60 vs. F10 comparing pics the 13th of August.
It don't shine but don't look dirty either, thank's to occational rain and a good wax job as the car was brand new.

The Black 2 is a great color for the F10/11. There must be some magic in the new Jet Black (Black 2).
Old 10-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Have not washed my car since the E60 vs. F10 comparing pics the 13th of August.
It don't shine but don't look dirty either, thank's to occational rain and a good wax job as the car was brand new.

The Black 2 is a great color for the F10/11. There must be some magic in the new Jet Black (Black 2).

White is the new silver (so they say) just ordered an alpine white with cinnamon leather am trading a TS e60 black leather if anyone interested Im in UK its an 09 (09 plate) 10000 miles from new with bus nav will take 21k for it (same as stealer is offering me) PM me

Dave

Quick Reply: Help with colour choice