F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Got an F10 as a loaner yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Car

It's my opinion that the f10 feels like an older man's car as well. Granted I've only driven a 528i for 2 days, but it has been long enough to know that I can't feel the soul of the car the way I do with the e60. Sport vs non-sport aside, I just don't feel its for me. Yes, I'm coming from a Dinan 535, but before that I had a 525xi and that too had the soul readily apparent to me. Please know that no one is bashing the f10; yours or anyone else's. There are a million shades of gray and everyone sees each shade differently.

Funny, I felt the same way I feel now when the e60 was released.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

so i returned the F10 535i this evening and picked up my car. love my car. nuff said.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Car

I felt the same way when I picked mine up too. It's not a jab at the f10 by any means; hell I'll probably own one in a few years but for now I love my e60.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bha7176
And that, my friend is the point. If you don't get it you never will, well I know you will never admit it.

Again, if you read the post you'll see that neither her nor I are bashing the F10, just giving our opinion of the whole overall sportiness versus luxury thing that everyone has been discussing. And aren't you the one who said that we need to test drive one to be qualified to post anything about it, and aren't you the one who said that even after we test drive one we'll have more and more excuses about why we don't like it?

Seems to me that you're the one coming up with more and more excuses why the real world impressions of others are bogus, "well you test drove this one, but not that one", "you didn't have this option or that one", "you have to test drive it in this weather or that".

I say horse shit - you are biased and one sided and just can't stop defending your purchase just like everyone else has said and will continue to say. Why don't you go drive your F10 to your AARP meeting and quite bashing everyone who is just trying to post real world impression of this mostly average evolution of the 5 series.
You are clearly prejudiced cos you own a recent 2008 You are saying negative things about the F10's interior when even critics generally praise it.
Yeah, my dealer gave me a 2011 535i as a loaner when I dropped off my 550i last night (just going in for state inspection, oil change and scoping whatever the hell that is).
I took my wife along, so I have her opinions and impressions to share also.
It is an alpine white with tan interior 535i non sport with auto tranny and not many options.

First impressions from the outside:
Wife, ?it looks like a Lexus or something?
Me, its Ok.

Inside impressions:
Wife, ?is this bigger than your car?
Me, ?it is bigger, and heavier. Everyone is saying that its more luxurious than the E60. I?m not so sure. Yeah it has nice ambient lighting everywhere, the lines of the dash and center are different, they moved away from idrive back to buttons and knobs everywhere. Again, its nice, but not necessarily better just different.?
Wife, ?I can see that (luxury that is). Your car (550i) is much more sporty inside, this one is a little more luxury. Like a car you would want 20 years from now.?

That about summed it all up for me, a car I would like 20 years from now ? as in an older man?s car.
Driving:
Wife, ?yes it definitely is bigger. I?ll probably be scraping some curbs in this?. ?it does drive very well, hugs the corners. 5 series seem to drive better than 3 series.?
Me, well it drives OK. Power isn?t like my 550i, but it does have plenty. It does hug the corners and feels fairly tight.

Overall:
Wife ? I?ll pass
Me ? I?ll pass, until I try a F10 550i with a decent sports package that is.
Anyone want me to take pictures or check anything out let me know, I have it at least until after work tonight.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Members

so i returned the F10 535i this evening and picked up my car. love my car. nuff said.
Imagine this. BMW calls you and tells you that they are so glad to have you as a loyal customer and that they want you to go in to trade in your 2008 550i M Sport for a brand new 2011 F10Nothing would change regarding finances, same payments (if any) same contract ,same everything, all that would change is what you drive, just a smooth clean trade. What would you do ??? let's be honest here.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

I'd keep my car, no question. Now if the car they were offering was a 2011 F10 550i Msport, I'd have to test drive it first. but I would NOT keep the 535i I just returned yesterday, no lie.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

bha, your thread reminds me of my wife reactions as well.

When she got into the F10 and test drove it, she said that it was better than my car in almost every aspect. She said it was more spacious, had a better LCD screen and that the ride was much more comfortable. She also said that the dials looked better. After spending two days with the car, she said: "You know what, it is not much different than your car, let's wait for sometime." For me however, the E60 had much better steering feel and handling attributes than the F10, but she did not understand what I was talking about .

The initial impressions when my wife first saw the F10 were really funny. I had the car sent to me by BMW for two days to test drive it. It was a little bit dark where I parked the F10 and she was very anxious to see the car. "Come on where is it?" she asked. I told her: "It's in front of the dark blue 3 series parked on the left around 20 m from here." She said "Come on where is it? There are no cars in front of the 3 series parked on the left."

My test drive car was.... a dark blue F10 .
Old 10-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 528i Lexus LS460 Lexus GX470 Lexus RX300 Silversport

No bashing at the F10 also, but I didn't feel that the F10 535i had that much power either. I don't even own a 550i Msport, I only have an LCi E60 528i BUT I felt that the F10 535i was just as powerful as my 528i.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Senior Members

These cars are growing on me. I think I will wait for the new 650...
Old 10-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Members

I'd keep my car, no question. Now if the car they were offering was a 2011 F10 550i Msport, I'd have to test drive it first. but I would NOT keep the 535i I just returned yesterday, no lie.
Yes, might as well said if they had offered you the F10 523i you would have turned it down how about if they had offered you the 2008 523i in exchange for your 2008 550i? Any difficulty in coming to a decision?

Quick Reply: Got an F10 as a loaner yesterday