F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Got an F10 as a loaner yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
I think Gene's comment is pretty spot on.

It really does just sound like you are trying to justify your purchase by bashing his comments on his experience. Doesn't sound like he thought the car was bad, just not suitable to his taste is all.

On a side note I love the exterior color you chose Petes550i.

Thanks,

some people are getting on my nerves today....I think it's the caffeine withdrawal.

Seriously, I don't have a problem at all with people expressing their opinions. What gets me are people who come on and make blanket accusations without proper basis or fact.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

OK, I'll entertain this for awhile. What about the "To me... It?s borderline too big, and dangerously close to ?sofa on wheels.? Again, I think we?d love it 20 years from now. It moves, and has all the BMW power and performance and handling we love; but yours is definitely young and sporty" comments? Huh?

She said it has the power and performance and handling "we" love, to her, she doesn't drive hard enough to feel a difference. But what about the "dangerously close to sofa like" comment? She says that mine, given the power, performance and handling being the same (to her), mine is still younger and sportier to her.

she is the demographic you preach about that will eat the F10 up, yet real life impressions are not that good.

How do you explain and twist the words on that? Again, like I've said and she said, it an OK car. It's not for us, not yet. Maybe if we were 20 years older and looking for a bigger car yes, but not for us now.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Thanks,

some people are getting on my nerves today....I think it's the caffeine withdrawal.

Seriously, I don't have a problem at all with people expressing their opinions. What gets me are people who come on and make blanket accusations without proper basis or fact.

Are you referring to my comments? If so, please do tell what blanket accusation without basis or fact I threw out there?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by bha7176
Are you referring to my comments? If so, please do tell what blanket accusation without basis or fact I threw out there?

I am not referring to you specifically. Like I said previously, I don't have a problem at all with you expressing your opinions about your experience in a F10....I think that's good. What troubles me is that you concluded that your loaner is unsporty knowing full well that it doesn't have the sports package and you own a 550i M Sport. Now if you HAD tested some F10's with and without the sports package and then concluded the F10 is still unsporty, then I wouldn't have as much of a problem with that. But I think you should still need to test a F10 550i w/sport package just to get as much "apples-to-apples" comparison with your car as possible. This is all I'm saying.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Contributors

I am not referring to you specifically. Like I said previously, I don't have a problem at all with you expressing your opinions about your experience in a F10....I think that's good. What troubles me is that you concluded that your loaner is unsporty knowing full well that it doesn't have the sports package and you own a 550i M Sport. Now if you HAD tested some F10's with and without the sports package and then concluded the F10 is still unsporty, then I wouldn't have as much of a problem with that. But I think you should still need to test a F10 550i w/sport package just to get as much "apples-to-apples" comparison with your car as possible. This is all I'm saying.

Funny, I ended my original post in this thread with the following comment, "Me ? I?ll pass, until I try a F10 550i with a decent sports package that is."

Did you miss that? You are the one who jumps to conclusions and who is in a dead set DEFEND position man, come on.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bha7176
Funny, I ended my original post in this thread with the following comment, "Me ? I?ll pass, until I try a F10 550i with a decent sports package that is."

Did you miss that? You are the one who jumps to conclusions and who is in a dead set DEFEND position man, come on.

OK, fair enough. Come back with your impressions after you've driven the F10 550i sport

Can't wait for that.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

OK, fair enough. Come back with your impressions after you've driven the F10 550i sport

Can't wait for that.
now IIRC, you had an Acura, before the f10...and an e60 545i before that correct? Did you ever test drive an e60 LCI 550i with Sport pkg?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
now IIRC, you had an Acura, before the f10...and an e60 545i before that correct? Did you ever test drive an e60 LCI 550i with Sport pkg?
Yes, I did....about 8 months before I got my F10.

(Actually, I had thoughts of trading in my Acura for one but when I found out the new F10 model was coming out, I decided to wait...besides I had 3 E60's before and I was getting tired of it.)
Old 10-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Yes, I did....about 8 months before I got my F10.
thoughts on the LCI e60 550i?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
thoughts on the LCI e60 550i?

I thought it was great....better than my previous 545i obviously....faster, more sporty. But at the time, I was shopping around and looking at a lot of other models....A6, S4, M3, C63, E550....when I heard about the F10, I decided to wait.....and as they say, the rest is history.

Quick Reply: Got an F10 as a loaner yesterday