F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Future F10 equipment wish-list ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='448796' date='Jul 17 2007, 04:59 PM
Then your softclose wish list is for BMW HK not for the F10.

No, no 3D design. I explained above what I think it is the BMW philosophy and I couldn't agree with it more... BMW is oriented to driving, so the design is not for the eye, or to impress passengers. It is just to provide the needed info without being in ANY way intrusive. A 3D design is nothing more than a design for the eye. Not needed when "driving oriented".
right IC so simple is for you, right on.
Here 1 for you then, my new Stepwgn
Future F10 equipment wish-list ...-075.jpg
Old 07-17-2007, 03:55 AM
Senior Members

Question

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='448740' date='Jul 17 2007, 01:26 AM
Ever see a new Infiniti (Nissan) G35's dash/gauges? When the steering wheel tilts up or down, the gauges move along with it...all contained in a single unit...VERY COOL! It allows you to SEE the gauges no matter how tall or short you are, never hiding them behind the top of the wheel. For us taller drivers, you have to keep the wheel very high to see the gauges, and for me, it's not a comfortable driving/steering position. I prefer it lower, and hence, I cannot see the speedometer, odometer nor the turn signals. Something to consider.

The turn signals would be an easy fix...move them towards the center of the gauge cluster like in the 3 series. Even with the steering wheel up high enough to see the gauges, the signals are obscured behind the steering wheel...for me at least. My $0.02.
BMW and other German cars MUST have such and many other awesome features from other cars.
G35 AWD, Volvo AWD-V6 S80 were on my list but I like BMW and bought one.
Japanese & German Cars are good & better in different areas
Old 07-24-2007, 03:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='448823' date='Jul 17 2007, 01:16 PM
right IC so simple is for you, right on.
Here 1 for you then, my new Stepwgn
Attachment 35469
Probably it's a matter of personal taste and idea of ergonomy. For me, that dash you presented, is just plain ugly and I would not even think of how bad it would be when driving. But that's normal. My head hurt after 2 days in Tokyo, just because of too many lights and unreadable (for me) flashy signs. Different culture, different needs, different tastes. A perfectly sane world.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by Murray' post='448221' date='Jul 15 2007, 08:02 PM
1. The ability to program all iDrive customizable features (Settings, NAV destinations, etc) via a program to change settings that can be stored on a USB memory stick and then downloaded into the iDrive system.
This is definitely a must have feature. Also it needs to load one's radio stations. the service routinely erase mine when upgrading software.

Also just copy music cd's into an on-board hard drive.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='446719' date='Jul 12 2007, 10:01 AM
I for one, don't buy a BMW for comfort. There are Citroens and Mercedeses that do that just fine. And because of this I care about the increase safety added by RFT, thus I will never change to anything else.

Now...

The air conditioning in E60 LCI is exactly the same as in E90 and E70. Except there is no separate display for temperature. Otherwise, there's nothing different. What are you trying to say? Also, they brought back the vent settings on the dash. However I just don't need any other vent setting, just auto with different intensities. And I live in a country/city where in summer we have over 34 degrees celsius and in winter there are many days well below freeezing.

I am a BMW purist. I drive in winter with rear traction with no fear. I did BMW winter driving courses and feel very confident. I wish BMW would give up xDrive in their sedan and coupe lines. Audi needs it, we don't.

I would not opt for xDrive on my cars even if they would pay me. I would not carry with me my boots all summer, just in case there is a bit of snow.

Spoken like a true BMW enthusiast.

We recieved 30cm of snow here in Montreal a couple of weeks ago and I never hesitated to take out my 08 550i in the snow.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

I agree with most comments. I think the biggest things they need to do are:
1. Much better nav. It doesn't need a touch screen but definitely more competitive features. EG, it would be easy enough to show POI icons and have a popup to select POI details if you want them.
2. More driver focused instrument panel. This includes a sportier look, more gauges, more ergonomic controls (cruise back on steering wheel, not a stalk), return of the upper vent temp control. It still is a pain to wait for iDrive to init before able to adjust the temp, especially on a hot afternoon after a cold morning.
3. Enhanced i-drive (multi function buttons that could change based on the screen you are on, more intuitive menus, better voice commands, etc).
4. Nicer interior materials. I think the LCI was a step in the right direction but the competition is tough. Even a G35 has a pricier looking interior (in some ways) over an E60.
5 More value priced option packages. They are going this way (in the M3 and X6) but need to do more. To equip an E60 with all the goodies adds $25k to the price and makes it WAAAY over priced compared to the Japanese competition. IE, I wanted ventilated seats but wasn't willing to spend an extra $3500 for them. Plus that was an option that not even all the dealers are familiar with.
6 At least a small pallet of individual choices. #5will save most customers money but this will give BMW plenty of profit from those willing to spend for it.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='451416' date='Jul 24 2007, 06:02 AM
Probably it's a matter of personal taste and idea of ergonomy. For me, that dash you presented, is just plain ugly and I would not even think of how bad it would be when driving. But that's normal. My head hurt after 2 days in Tokyo, just because of too many lights and unreadable (for me) flashy signs. Different culture, different needs, different tastes. A perfectly sane world.

I too would have issues with that dash. The small displays across the top, the tiny buttons on the nav, the controls hiding behind the wheel and the confusing array of different types of buttons and controls all over the place would make it difficult to learn after owning a BMW.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

1. Reliability
2. Reliability
3. Reliability
Old 04-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Senior Members

umm...

how about some hot german girls with cars???

That would be nice...

but for real... better cup holders and better speakers...

option to put aftermarket dvd player or indash kit....

honestly i dont like new shifter.. feels like cheap joystick for those flight games... ( maybe got inspiration from Saab)...
Old 04-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='545687' date='Mar 17 2008, 12:51 AM
1. Reliability
2. Reliability
3. Reliability
sounds like you dont what a F10
what you need is
1. Toyota
2. Toyota
3. Toyota

Quick Reply: Future F10 equipment wish-list ...