F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Future F10 equipment wish-list ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: LCI E60 Individual (Onyx Blue, Piano Black trim, Marino Leather) M Sport Package, 19" M172 wheels, Sunroof, Professional Navigation, HUD, TV function, Voice Recognition, PDC, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Logic 7, iPod/USB Adapter, Xeon Headlights, Adaptive Headlights, High Beam Assist. Build completed August 2007.

1. The ability to program all iDrive customizable features (Settings, NAV destinations, etc) via a program to change settings that can be stored on a USB memory stick and then downloaded into the iDrive system.

2. A (non-working) fold-out steering wheel in the back seat for when my mother in-law is travelling with me so that she can think she is driving, instead of telling me how I should drive
Old 07-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

Cool

Originally Posted by Murray' post='448221' date='Jul 15 2007, 08:02 PM
1. The ability to program all iDrive customizable features (Settings, NAV destinations, etc) via a program to change settings that can be stored on a USB memory stick and then downloaded into the iDrive system.

2. A (non-working) fold-out steering wheel in the back seat for when my mother in-law is travelling with me so that she can think she is driving, instead of telling me how I should drive

One should be able to control the car from the office /Home, when your spouse / family member is driving.
One should be able to locate/trace the car on cellphone/computer,when your spouse / family member is driving.
Should have V18 and 2400hp ?
Old 07-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='446719' date='Jul 12 2007, 08:01 AM
I for one, don't buy a BMW for comfort. There are Citroens and Mercedeses that do that just fine. And because of this I care about the increase safety added by RFT, thus I will never change to anything else.

Now...
The air conditioning in E60 LCI is exactly the same as in E90 and E70. Except there is no separate display for temperature. Otherwise, there's nothing different. What are you trying to say? Also, they brought back the vent settings on the dash. However I just don't need any other vent setting, just auto with different intensities. And I live in a country/city where in summer we have over 34 degrees celsius and in winter there are many days well below freeezing.
I am a BMW purist. I drive in winter with rear traction with no fear. I did BMW winter driving courses and feel very confident. I wish BMW would give up xDrive in their sedan and coupe lines. Audi needs it, we don't.

I would not opt for xDrive on my cars even if they would pay me. I would not carry with me my boots all summer, just in case there is a bit of snow.
You probably live where they actually plow roads and put some salt/sand on them. This does not happen in Seattle, for instance. any snowfall means disaster. I won't buy non-AWD car anymore and I don't drive SUVs either. Besides, BMW will have to answer Infiniti M45x. So they will have to figure out how to make better xDrive, ie one that fits in all cars and does not delete sport suspension. After all, Audi can do it.

Oh, and if you buy BMW for driving, RFTs suck even more. Haven't you noticed that big M5 wheels are not RFTs? I actually asked Bridgestone folks at TechFest if it is possible to make RFT as good as regular rubber. They laughed at me.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 650i, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Logic7 sound system, ARS, PDC

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='447400' date='Jul 13 2007, 03:53 PM
Do not take me wrong, I wanted to have MB / BMW for a longtime & I am glad I got New BMW-528 xi( my first) this year.
Hope I will have better / very good experince like Japanese autos I have now ( My '94-Accord >190,000 Miles, still good.)
I posted the wish list that can apply to any Car/SUV & I prefer them on BMW.
Ha....ha... I also have a 94 Accord with over 190,000 miles that runs perfect and looks brand new
Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

I want a sportier suspension and the car as close to 3500lb as possible
Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Ever see a new Infiniti (Nissan) G35's dash/gauges? When the steering wheel tilts up or down, the gauges move along with it...all contained in a single unit...VERY COOL! It allows you to SEE the gauges no matter how tall or short you are, never hiding them behind the top of the wheel. For us taller drivers, you have to keep the wheel very high to see the gauges, and for me, it's not a comfortable driving/steering position. I prefer it lower, and hence, I cannot see the speedometer, odometer nor the turn signals. Something to consider.

The turn signals would be an easy fix...move them towards the center of the gauge cluster like in the 3 series. Even with the steering wheel up high enough to see the gauges, the signals are obscured behind the steering wheel...for me at least. My $0.02.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I wish it had auto closing doors like the RR and 7er.
I hope the F10 will have a new design and cool looking 3D Gauge, something like Concept Cs or some jap cars or something with LCD or LED in it.

Future F10 equipment wish-list ...-bmw_concept_cs_gauges.jpg

Future F10 equipment wish-list ...-m8_gauges.jpg

Future F10 equipment wish-list ...-2718_6.jpg

The E60 Gauge is becoming very outdated now compare to other car makers.

Future F10 equipment wish-list ...-dash.jpg
Old 07-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Senior Members

E60/E61 and E63/E64 have softclose doors on the list of optionals.

Please BMW don't update gauges! Leave them as they are, we don't want Honda or Audi gauges with so many lights...
Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='448789' date='Jul 17 2007, 04:47 PM
E60/E61 and E63/E64 have softclose doors on the list of optionals.

Please BMW don't update gauges! Leave them as they are, we don't want Honda or Audi gauges with so many lights...
Ic but they dont have this option in HK.
I just what them put it in with out it being a option.

The gauges don`t need to have many lights, all it needs is a 3D design.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Senior Members

Then your softclose wish list is for BMW HK not for the F10.

No, no 3D design. I explained above what I think it is the BMW philosophy and I couldn't agree with it more... BMW is oriented to driving, so the design is not for the eye, or to impress passengers. It is just to provide the needed info without being in ANY way intrusive. A 3D design is nothing more than a design for the eye. Not needed when "driving oriented".

Quick Reply: Future F10 equipment wish-list ...