F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Front armrest cup holder, which option gives a cover ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that by default there is no cover in front cup holder, which is not so nice.

See attached pictures for a comparison.

Which option gives that cover ?

As such I don't need a cup holder, so it's not a problem even if I loose front armrest cup holder.

I still have some weeks to do small adjustements related to my order.
Attached Thumbnails Front armrest cup holder, which option gives a cover ?-armrest_cup_holder_hole.jpg   Front armrest cup holder, which option gives a cover ?-armrest_cup_holder_with_cover.jpg  
Old 03-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Purely guessing here but the picture on the right with the cupholder covered look to actually be an ashtray. As I recall BMW offers a "smokers" package in Europe which includes the ashtry. No smokers package and you get the cup holder...
Old 03-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by TurboT
It seems that by default there is no cover in front cup holder, which is not so nice.

See attached pictures for a comparison.

Which option gives that cover ?

As such I don't need a cup holder, so it's not a problem even if I loose front armrest cup holder.

I still have some weeks to do small adjustements related to my order.
Hi,
The left picture is a car with manual gearbox with one single cupholder. In autotranny equipped cars there are two nice cupholders with cover in fron of the gear shift.

Greentings from Finland

TGII
Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Purely guessing here but the picture on the right with the cupholder covered look to actually be an ashtray. As I recall BMW offers a "smokers" package in Europe which includes the ashtry. No smokers package and you get the cup holder...
I took those screenshots from European catalog. Example,
http://f10.5post.com/goodiesforyou/f10-catalog.pdf

What is intresting that in almost all pictures (even in car shows), they have that cover plate. Actually catalog was the first place where I noticed that cup holder (one picture).

If it really turns out to be a smokers package, then I may need to order that option also, just to get that cover.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA
Hi,
The left picture is a car with manual gearbox with one single cupholder. In autotranny equipped cars there are two nice cupholders with cover in fron of the gear shift.

Greentings from Finland

TGII
Ok, then this seems to be clear case, as I have ordered 8-speed Sport Automatic.

So then it's actually not a smokers package which gives the cover (second picture) ?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA
Hi,

Greentings from Finland

TGII
Interesting, had not thought of that but it appears you are right! But what is under the little cover behind the gear shift on the auto car? A small storage area?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

two cup holders and a holder for the key fob.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
two cup holders and a holder for the key fob.
Smoker's Package makes the cupholder an ashtray! The cover you see is non-removable but retractable only! The actual cupholders are placed in front of the gear lever (two cupholders). If you opt to delete the smokers package, then automatically, instead of an ashtray in front of the armrest, you get an open cupholder.

Furthermore, my bimmer has a bracket that is purpose-built as an extra cupholder and is placed underneath the armrest (driver's side mid half).

My car has got the smoker's package as standard.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:32 AM
Senior Members

I haven't seen a F10 w auto gearbox and smokers pack yet so I'm doin' a bit of guessing.
But I believe that it is like this:

With manual gearbox:
In front of stick
With smokers pack: Ash tray and lighter
If no smokers pack: A small compartment w lid.
One cup holder in armrest in both cases.

With auto gearbox:
In front of stick
With OR without smokers pack: Two cup holders under lid.
In armrest: Ashtray w lighter(Smokers pack) or small compartment (No smokers pack) w lid.

NOTE! Have a look at the pics above and you'll see that BMW apparently changed the speedometer dials from the pre-production car (upper pic - have the same dials as the GT) to production cars.
Also note the small hammer for emergency evac on the doorside.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Hopefully both will have a lid like the bottom photo.

Quick Reply: Front armrest cup holder, which option gives a cover ?