F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 + white + M-Paket + 20" wheels = :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Congratulations mate!

As always, you've specced the car just right and made a great choice of wheel

I thought you might have gone for a different colour interior based upon the choices you made in the past. Any reason why you now opted for black?

Thanks for sharing the picture of the F10 and E60 M-Sport models "side by side" Seeing the 2 cars together, I have to admit that I still prefer the E60, but the F10 is definitely the way forward and it keeps growing on me. I might be going for an F10 some time next year, so expect to get bombarded with emails from me about what options and whether my 20" Alpina wheels would fit!

ENJOY
Old 11-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous car. The interior trim reminds of the engine turned dash in the classic cars. Looks good.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by DrLev99
I think the 20's are just about the right size for the F10...look about the same as a 19" rim on the E60. Nice!
+1.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

very nice ride. no heated steering wheel?
Old 11-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx
Congratulations mate!

As always, you've specced the car just right and made a great choice of wheel

I thought you might have gone for a different colour interior based upon the choices you made in the past. Any reason why you now opted for black?
hey Pete,

thanks for the kind words! it is a great car, and considering that i only drove a f10 for 10 mins prior to ordering the car, i think i have taken the right decisions.

this is my first black leather seats i have owned in 10 years of cars with leather seats. Ideally i would have takend red/brown but i could not find the matching trim with it. (ideally something black but that was not available) so i opted for black leather - life is so easy with black
Old 11-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by rsyed
hey Pete,

thanks for the kind words! it is a great car, and considering that i only drove a f10 for 10 mins prior to ordering the car, i think i have taken the right decisions.

this is my first black leather seats i have owned in 10 years of cars with leather seats. Ideally i would have takend red/brown but i could not find the matching trim with it. (ideally something black but that was not available) so i opted for black leather - life is so easy with black

Its a shame you cannot order the black high-gloss trim together with the m-sport pack, like you could with the LCI E60. I think that would look good with the Cinamon / Red-Brown trim. But I have black leather & alu trim at the moment and am more than happy with it... and as you rightly pointed out, its very easy to look after

I was looking at the F07 (5er GT) wheel sizes and did some calculations using an online tool. I believe you should be able to fit the F07 (& F01/02) 21" OEM rims on the F10, for example the 21" version of your current wheels. But hey, that's a discussion for sometime in Feb/March, so until then enjoy your 20s -- fantastic choice of sizes and colours for winter BTW
Old 11-26-2010, 12:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Seeing that most of us would probably go for 'performance' tires (non-RFT), what are we to do in case of a flat seeing there's no spare tire in the back anymore?

This is the main reason I haven't gone F10 yet... I can't imagine being stuck somewhere with no tire to change......

What are y'all thoughts on this?
Old 11-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Contributors

Hey BigMike,

that is one reason why I was so unsure about buying a 3 coupe all these years and when i did own a e90 for 11 weeks, for the long trips I filled my small boot with a extra wheel. on the long run, I had to give in to BMW's politics; if you want a BMW, a BMW diesel engine, the active steering, and all the fun there is with driving a bmw, you have to give in and move with time. So screw the blah blah: what is the solution: 1) tire mobility kit (basiclly gives you exactly the 200-300 miles you would get with the RFT before oyu need to chnage the tires) and 2) for the first time in ten years of owning a car, I have subscribed to a mobility service. If i get somehwere, I give them a call and they will pick me up, my family and my car from anywhere across Europe.

Bottomline: in the long run, if you want to own a BMW, get used to the fact that you wont have a spare tire anymore..

@Pete:
you know what the sick thing is: the 21" 312 ferric grey wheels are cheaper for the GT then the 20" for the f10... is that not a joke??? Unfortunately the wheels won't fit. Here my quick analysis (that should help you for the alpina wheels too)
19"
E60: 245/35/19 and 275/30/19
F10: 245/40/19 and 275/35/19

20"
F10: 245/35/20 and 275/30/20

21:
F07: 245/35/21 and 275/30/21

As you can see, BMW did a good job in making sure that our wheels or tires from the e60 would never fit the f10. They have basically jumped in size by 5% (see 19": 245/40/19 as supposed to 245/35/20)

I am sure the 21" wheels would have looked but maybe they are tick too big, but hey, wheels can never be too big
Old 11-26-2010, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by BigMike
Seeing that most of us would probably go for 'performance' tires (non-RFT), what are we to do in case of a flat seeing there's no spare tire in the back anymore?

This is the main reason I haven't gone F10 yet... I can't imagine being stuck somewhere with no tire to change......

What are y'all thoughts on this?
I agree that run flats are here to stay. They have improved substantially over the years and I am fine with them. The F10 handles great with them.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Members

My Ride: f10 520da - 328 wheels, ambient lighting, sport s-wheel, oyster/black, fineline anthracite, Sophisto Gray

I currently drive a Volvo c70 (19 days now until the F10 arrives) it has ordinary 'performance' tyres 235/45 17's and comes with a crappy compressor and a tube of tyre sealant. My wife has a VW touran mpv (mini van for all you yanks) and that also just comes with a tube of sealant and a compressor and non run flat tyres.

get used to the no spare thing chaps, after all if I were on a motorway in the rain i'd be calling someone out. why bother with the spare.

a couple of other reasons - cost and weight

much love

Quick Reply: F10 + white + M-Paket + 20" wheels = :)