F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 sring replacement and laser alignment query

Old 01-02-2017, 01:09 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question F10 sring replacement and laser alignment query

Hi there, I’m looking to install some Eibach springs to my F10 535i, non VDC, a friend of mine is a senior BMW mechanic who I ask to do work on my car. After discussing the spring swap he’s made me aware in order to replace the front springs correctly a special laser tool is needed, this is to line up the shock with the top mount correctly otherwise it will affect the geometry, this information has come from the BMW ISTA software or what is now used by BMW these days, this has also been verified by another BMW mechanic. The thing is he’s moved to an independent shop which doesn’t have the laser alignment tool, this is isn’t available to purchase, just to BMW dealers.

So for those of you who have installed springs, how did you manage the alignment on the front shocks?
I’m aware wheel alignment is required after replacement; I’m being informed the laser alignment above is not the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread