F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 03:05 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='1061459' date='Nov 24 2009, 12:34 PM
Any other thoughts on this or anyone heard about the 523d "bi-turbo 4cyl" coming later??
It was my first impression and... dissapointment when I saw no 523d on the list last night.
I was really looking forward to 2liter-210hp-5L/100km engine...
As a matter of fact, I (stupid enough...) already said among some friends (mostly Audi & Mercedes lovers): wait and see how BMW rules in its class by introducing 523d 200hp 4cyl as a entry, base engine which wouldn't hurt, would it? And.. how dissapointing...

And now, as you said: no more place for such engine in the range.
Unless... BMW wakes up in 3 years (being beaten in this class by A6's next 200hp 2-Liter 4-cyl diesel), and they will upgrade LCI 525d to 240hp, 530d to 265hp, and then introduce 523d with about 210hp. I'm not feeling it though...

I will wait to see F11 + MSport (as this is what I'm looking after now), and if it's still like this... Well, I belive I can't go with the piggy-nose and Kia's rear lights... As much as I love interior, I just need to look at my car with a constant affection... and this I don't see coming with F10
I may wait for next A6. A5 Sportback is not so bad either....
But , damn I love BMWs I don't wanna buy anywhere else ..
No news about 6-series 4-door sportsedan???

Couldn't they go "CLS, CC, Panamera, A5 sportback/A7 road"???
Old 11-24-2009, 03:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='1061459' date='Nov 24 2009, 06:34 AM
Looks like the 550i has more std equipment than before, but prices in Germany are as always... its all about the options!

Nice to see the Sports Automatic being offered across the entire range, rather than just the top few models. That's going to be important in Europe, where the smaller diesel & petrol engines play a big role due to taxes / fuel costs etc.

I noticed they have kept the 6cyl 3.0l in place for the "200hp diesel model". I really thought they would bring in the bi-turbo 2.0l 4-cyl engine from the 123d and have a "523d" to fill the position around 200hp. Not sure how they would introduce this engine now? Maybe their research suggested that a a 6cyl is what customers wanted, compared to a 4-cyl. However Mercedes already has the E250cdi 4-cyl bi-turbo and Audi has plans to introduce such a model, and you really cannot hear much of a difference when inside the cabin. I hope BMW know what they are doing here...

Any other thoughts on this or anyone heard about the 523d "bi-turbo 4cyl" coming later??
I'm guessing they'll play around with the nomenclatures and engine options well before LCI comes out. It would be strange for BMW to not have a direct competitor to a M-B. As a matter of fact, it would be a sign of weakness in the eyes of a potential buyer. On the other hand, they may have just determined that the cost of producing such a model is too much for the potential market, combined with the fact that both M-B and Audi offer strong competitors in this range - I can see how they may have decided to "play it safe".
Old 11-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='1061468' date='Nov 24 2009, 01:05 PM
It was my first impression and... dissapointment when I saw no 523d on the list last night.
I was really looking forward to 2liter-210hp-5L/100km engine...
As a matter of fact, I (stupid enough...) already said among some friends (mostly Audi & Mercedes lovers): wait and see how BMW rules in its class by introducing 523d 200hp 4cyl as a entry, base engine which wouldn't hurt, would it? And.. how dissapointing...

And now, as you said: no more place for such engine in the range.
Unless... BMW wakes up in 3 years (being beaten in this class by A6's next 200hp 2-Liter 4-cyl diesel), and they will upgrade LCI 525d to 240hp, 530d to 265hp, and then introduce 523d with about 210hp. I'm not feeling it though...

I will wait to see F11 + MSport (as this is what I'm looking after now), and if it's still like this... Well, I belive I can't go with the piggy-nose and Kia's rear lights... As much as I love interior, I just need to look at my car with a constant affection... and this I don't see coming with F10
I may wait for next A6. A5 Sportback is not so bad either....
But , damn I love BMWs I don't wanna buy anywhere else ..
No news about 6-series 4-door sportsedan???

Couldn't they go "CLS, CC, Panamera, A5 sportback/A7 road"???
I see what you mean about upgrading it later, but that makes no sense in my mind -- the trend is there now, so why wait? The only thing that comes to mind, is that the next 3-series is allegidly going to have the 2.0L bi-turbo, so maybe BMW wants to have a bit of differentiation between the 3er and 5er "200hp diesels".... especially as they now look almost the same on the outside!

As for a "CLS" BMW, that's coming in the form of the 6er CS, which I think is coming out in the next couple of years -- I would have to search for exactly when, but Auto & Motor Sports did an article on this not too long ago. The price will be somewhere between 6er and 7er, so quite a bit above a basic 5er. (Its a shame the "coupe 5er" didn't quite materialise as we had hoped )
Old 11-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1061469' date='Nov 24 2009, 01:06 PM
I'm guessing they'll play around with the nomenclatures and engine options well before LCI comes out. It would be strange for BMW to not have a direct competitor to a M-B. As a matter of fact, it would be a sign of weakness in the eyes of a potential buyer. On the other hand, they may have just determined that the cost of producing such a model is too much for the potential market, combined with the fact that both M-B and Audi offer strong competitors in this range - I can see how they may have decided to "play it safe".
If M-B's new engine wasn't getting such great reviews, I could understand why BMW would not do one either. However as you stated, it maybe comes down to costs. It will be interesting to see if any more info comes out on this subject, because they are already producing a 2.0L diesel 5er (520d) so there would presumably be a lot of synergies there if they were to build a 523d. It just doesn't make sense to me, but the again, nor does the GT, so its not the first time BMW have confused me in recent times
Old 11-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 06' Black Saphire 530i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg with heated rear seats, Power sunshade, Logic 7 w/CD Changer, PDC, Fold down rear seats Mods* 19" Beyern Mesh wheels with Goodyear F1 pro A/S tires

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='1061517' date='Nov 24 2009, 09:03 AM
If M-B's new engine wasn't getting such great reviews, I could understand why BMW would not do one either. However as you stated, it maybe comes down to costs. It will be interesting to see if any more info comes out on this subject, because they are already producing a 2.0L diesel 5er (520d) so there would presumably be a lot of synergies there if they were to build a 523d. It just doesn't make sense to me, but the again, nor does the GT, so its not the first time BMW have confused me in recent times
Problem for me is that I want so many of the new goodies, i HAVE to have the rear seat entertainment/internet system, iphone integration, nav system, night vision, full camera treatment, and m-sport/premium packages. Man that is gonna be expensive....
Old 11-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Members

1 100% agree....with all these options, rear seat entertain, camera, iphone integrat, m-tech pack, upgrade sound, night vision, lane changing (HUP as well this time?)
probably at least 1/4 of the car prices already......
jsut wish that 550i have all these as standard...
Old 11-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Members

In canada, the new 2010 Mercedes E series is about 15% cheaper than the previous E series model and 10% cheaper than the E60. I bet BMW will reduce base pricing vs E60 and make it back on options. Merc E used to sell at a premium on E39 and E 60. I won t pay premium for a f10 over the new E this time for sure.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Originally Posted by SergeyM' post='1061317' date='Nov 24 2009, 12:34 PM
Rather the other way around. In the current economy 10% price decrease is much more likely.
I hope so but this is not what BMW is telling me. They say that prices will be around 10% more than
the equivalent E60 models but will have a few more options included as standard.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

One thing you need to realize is that like all new models it won't be supported by BMW for a while. Leases will be high and interest rates on financing will be standard. Since initial allocations will be low you can also expect fewer dealer discounts. No matter the MSRP, expect to pay several hundred dollars a month more for the new model until the price stabilizes.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Contributors

In Uk, based on Bmw's uk site, the price is almost the same as the E60, it think there's only ?1000 difference. They do have the 523i variant if not mistaken.

Quick Reply: F10 Pricing