F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 interior...award winning design?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Considering that the F10 interior is pretty much identical to the 5GT, I thought I'd post the folowing press release here (in addition to it being posted in the 5GT forum...)

BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Wins Ward's Interior Award
5 Series Gran Turismo recognized for Design Versatility

Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? April 12, 2010? The BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo has won the 2010 Ward?s Auto Interior of the Year award for Design Versatility. This unique automobile was designed to expand on the original gran turismo concept, which was a luxurious and sporty car for two with room for luggage. The 5 Series Gran Turismo offers luxury seating for four (or five) with plenty of room for luggage. For those times when larger items will be along for the ride, it offers maximum flexibility including a two-piece tailgate.

?We?re very pleased to receive this award,? said Jim O?Donnell, President and CEO of BMW of North America. ?With the 5 Series Gran Turismo, our engineers and designers set out to create a vehicle that combined first-class seating for four with the utmost in flexibility for storage options. This award for Design Versatility shows just how well they hit that target.?

The 2010 BMW 550i Gran Turismo, with its twin-turbo V8, arrived in US showrooms in December. The 2010 535i Gran Turismo arrives this month featuring BMW?s all-new tubocharged inline six. Both models use BMW?s newest 8-speed automatic transmission and, like all BMWs include BMW Ultimate Service with free scheduled maintenance for the first four-years or 50,000 miles.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Nice! As I mentioned in previous posts the F10 is going to be a very nice car especially after BMW releases the M-Tech package. I cannot wait to see this car on the road...

Thanks for the post Rudy!

Originally Posted by Rudy
Considering that the F10 interior is pretty much identical to the 5GT, I thought I'd post the folowing press release here (in addition to it being posted in the 5GT forum...)

BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Wins Ward's Interior Award
5 Series Gran Turismo recognized for Design Versatility

Woodcliff Lake, NJ ? April 12, 2010? The BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo has won the 2010 Ward?s Auto Interior of the Year award for Design Versatility. This unique automobile was designed to expand on the original gran turismo concept, which was a luxurious and sporty car for two with room for luggage. The 5 Series Gran Turismo offers luxury seating for four (or five) with plenty of room for luggage. For those times when larger items will be along for the ride, it offers maximum flexibility including a two-piece tailgate.

?We?re very pleased to receive this award,? said Jim O?Donnell, President and CEO of BMW of North America. ?With the 5 Series Gran Turismo, our engineers and designers set out to create a vehicle that combined first-class seating for four with the utmost in flexibility for storage options. This award for Design Versatility shows just how well they hit that target.?

The 2010 BMW 550i Gran Turismo, with its twin-turbo V8, arrived in US showrooms in December. The 2010 535i Gran Turismo arrives this month featuring BMW?s all-new tubocharged inline six. Both models use BMW?s newest 8-speed automatic transmission and, like all BMWs include BMW Ultimate Service with free scheduled maintenance for the first four-years or 50,000 miles.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

I like the F10 a lot...but the interior is a dog...and looks like it was designed by a carpenter from bits of left over wood.

When I sat in the GT / F10 it was as confusing as hell. I mean; a split, opening arm rest...why the hell would anyone want to 'half' open an arm rest storage compartment ???? And the half that opens doesn't even allow you to get a hand in there as it's too small.

Then there's the mix of switches, dials and cubby openings in the centre console. The amount of buttons on the streering wheel mean one slip an you'll probably reprogram the whole car.

Like I said, I like the F10 a lot, but this just smacks of the old 'win and award because it's new'.

Now if you want to see a good interior design...look at this...
Attached Thumbnails F10 interior...award winning design?-jaguar-xj-interior-3-lg.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by higher
I like the F10 a lot...but the interior is a dog...and looks like it was designed by a carpenter from bits of left over wood.

When I sat in the GT / F10 it was as confusing as hell. I mean; a split, opening arm rest...why the hell would anyone want to 'half' open an arm rest storage compartment ???? And the half that opens doesn't even allow you to get a hand in there as it's too small.

Then there's the mix of switches, dials and cubby openings in the centre console. The amount of buttons on the streering wheel mean one slip an you'll probably reprogram the whole car.

Like I said, I like the F10 a lot, but this just smacks of the old 'win and award because it's new'.

that is a nice interior, but from that picture, it seems like that huge armrest is taking away from the overall space of the interior which imo is
Old 04-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Def not feelin that motorola razor inspired interior, are those ac vents or jet exhaust on the dash
Old 04-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

yeah for interior design, I always give it to Jaguar, Cadillacs, Benz, etc. I love BMWs becuse of their sexy, ferocious yet calm exterior design.....

Everyday I wake up to get into my car it makes my pants wet....

I know its too much info

lmao
Old 04-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Bling bling from outer space. :thumbsdown:
Old 04-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

Cool

Those Jag speedo / rev counter dials are virtual, ie; they are not mechanical like 99% of other manufacturers, they are just an electronic screen. They look and act just like mechanical dials but are just like the dials in electronic aircarft cockpits, where mechanical dials were phased out years ago.

The Idrive looking knob also sinks automatically into the centre console to keep things neat and tidy and the whole thing put's out a kinda blue glow (ambient lighting).

I'n not gonna buy one (not for 90k) but I will buy the F10 / F11 even with it's carpentry inspired yesteryear interior
Old 04-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

are you kidding??

looks like a star wars console
Old 04-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The int. of the new F01 7-series, the F07 5-series GT and the F10 all looks about the same.

All are winners.

Quick Reply: F10 interior...award winning design?