F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 535i track times...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
how many times do you want to get banned? enough with the MB e class jabs troll.....
You won't go any far without comparison. So how do you like it when the new 5 Series gets a pathetic slalom time of 64.9mph, and that's with sport package. Remove that package, and you'll get absolutely miserable 58mph. A real shame.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by BabkenBMW
An absolute decrease in the performance department. Shame on BMW. Slalom speed 64.9. Oh, my God. Even the E-Class is faster. Shame, a real shame. Go on BMW, continue to increase the weight of your cars. Mercedes-Benz rejoices over that fact.
The only shame around here is you trying to be a F10 troll.

Seriously, why do you care? It's widely known you hate the F10 and think it sucks so why keep posting?

Have you even test-driven a F10? (which I seriously doubt)

The 535i does 0-60 in 5.4 sec (C&D) and 1/4 mile in 14.0 sec (C&D)....you call that a decrease in performance?! (Those numbers are essentially identical to the current E60 and easily blows away the E350)

However, If you have any common sense, you should realize that slalom speed as well as other track numbers are variable statistics....it's easily changed according to road conditions, car conditions, weather and driver skill.

As was mentioned earlier, it's silly to judge a car solely by track numbers. You have to take it out into the real world (under real driving conditions) to see how the car performs.

Go satisfy your MB lust and be done with it.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Members

New to the forum and BMW. Own MB and Lexus currently. In the past 15 years I have always tested BMW but have never been able to pull the trigger. Have alsways loved the looks on the outside but have found the inside to be very spartan, not too comfortable and the ride a bit too "dramatic". I am sure that for those BMW purists this is heresy. Yes, I enjoy a great fun drive but for the average daily routine I want a combination of comfort, looks, perfomance and reliability. I had tested the 2010 5 series several times and had finally convinced myself that BMW was not for me. I then had the opportunity and desire to give the F10 a try. Drove both the 35 and 50 several times and have seen just about every exterior and exterion color combo in person. BMW has finally got me hooked. I have driven the Audi 3.0T, both E350 and E500 new versions, Lexus G350, and a number of others in the same category (foreign and domestic). The new F10 has the best combination of ride, comfort, elegance, and performance of any in its class.

For those purists that want to argue tenths of seconds on slalom permformance I am sure that this is not important but for the average person who seldom needs 0-60 in sub 6 second time of slaloms times that rival F1 needs, this car is perfect. MB is extremely nice inside and its is extremely luxurious. The looks on the outside are average for the sedan and better for the coupe. Lexus is a perfect match for luxury, soft ride and reasonable packaged price. The F10 is blends all of the best attributes of MB and Lexus and its own uniqueness. BMW had to appeal to the right aging demographics with this car and it did. In the end you have to follow the money. They came up with a car that is ideal for who they are after. Sorry to the BMW Kool Aide drinkers that see this as some kind of sin!

Have also driven the X5d and thought the perfomance was excellent.

All I want now is for BMW to bring in the 535d next year and that will be my ED car! Either Alpine white with oyster/black dakota/light wood interior or Sophisto (Dark Gray Metallic) with the same interior color. Have seen both of thes in person and they are trully exceptional.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

A very good post, Gaucho - and welcome to the forum!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:03 AM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Gene,
  • 8 speed auto vs 6 speed manual
  • Craptacular, heavy, Goodyear 19" vs Dunlop 18"

A more meaningful test would be two 6MT's with identical 18" wheels and Michelin PS2's.

The OEM tires suck ... even on the E60.

Run the two cars on the same track back to back in 10 runs. Average.

Then the truth shall be revealed.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by ObD
Gene,
  • 8 speed auto vs 6 speed manual
  • Craptacular, heavy, Goodyear 19" vs Dunlop 18"

A more meaningful test would be two 6MT's with identical 18" wheels and Michelin PS2's.

The OEM tires suck ... even on the E60.

Run the two cars on the same track back to back in 10 runs. Average.

Then the truth shall be revealed.
unfortunately, neither one of us have the resources to run the "ideal" track test, so we are stuck commenting on other's test and measures and left to critique methodology...as stated before, take the numbers for what they are and go make and informed decision based on your own measurements....and even with the differences between test cars and conditions, the f10 performed much better than expected IMO...

perhaps you missed my other thread regarding the motor trend comparison..

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/specs.html
Old 08-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

bmw always does this, theyll keep the current 300hp/300lb set up for 2-4 years and theyll up it just like they did from the 530-535
Old 08-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Guys...

The 2008 E60 that Edmunds track tested actually had the Steptronic, not the 6-speed.

While the car data panel correctly noted that the standard transmission was a six-speed and that the auto as a no cost option, the test comments on the right of the article talked about the transmission and it's clear from the tester's comments that the 535 that was the subject of the test actually had the auto...

"Acceleration comments: The 535i is lively and energetic everywhere in the rev range. The Sport Drive mode produces quick and smooth upshifts and cool, early-onset match-rev downshifts. We baselined our acceleration testing with the traction control on and effectively matched BMW's claim of 5.7 seconds to 60 mph with our own 5.6-second result. With traction control defeated for testing, the car would short-shift to 2nd at the first inkling of wheelspin. I had to resort to manual-shift mode for the ideal launch and it worked beautifully, with a little scratch off the line that was easily modulated with the throttle. With the twin-turbo six, this car doesn't need a V8 anymore."

The net result is that Gene has, as usual, posted an entirely legitimate comparison between the two cars as they were, after all, comparably equipped...
Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by skelevirus
bmw always does this, theyll keep the current 300hp/300lb set up for 2-4 years and theyll up it just like they did from the 530-535
BMW should have upped the power with the F10 535. As Gene eluded to in an earlier thread - as an E60 535 owner the only 5er worth considering is the 550i.

If the sales are lagging (and so far the only one saying they aren't is BMW) then I'd expect a power increase as soon as next year.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by pukka
BMW should have upped the power with the F10 535. As Gene eluded to in an earlier thread - as an E60 535 owner the only 5er worth considering is the 550i.

If the sales are lagging (and so far the only one saying they aren't is BMW) then I'd expect a power increase as soon as next year.
BMW already offers a performance pkg for the N55 engine of the X6 and perhaps the 3 series...only a matter of time before the X5 and f10 get the same option...

Quick Reply: F10 535i track times...