F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 535i - Prices Paid

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done a good deal of research and have the invoice pricing for the 535i. I'm curious how much everyone is paying over invoice in the US. I'm in south Florida and wonder if I'm better off buying the care elsewhere. Don't plan on a Euro delivery - no time available for this option. I plan on ordering the 535i with premium 1 & 2, zsp, zhp, zdh, 2bt, black sapphire metallic, and either Dakota or Nappa leather black seats (still have yet to decide), and anthracite headliner. Thanks in advance for everyone's thoughts!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by FlaGuy
I have done a good deal of research and have the invoice pricing for the 535i. I'm curious how much everyone is paying over invoice in the US. I'm in south Florida and wonder if I'm better off buying the care elsewhere. Don't plan on a Euro delivery - no time available for this option. I plan on ordering the 535i with premium 1 & 2, zsp, zhp, zdh, 2bt, black sapphire metallic, and either Dakota or Nappa leather black seats (still have yet to decide), and anthracite headliner. Thanks in advance for everyone's thoughts!

The F10 has only been out for a few months, so I highly doubt you're going to get much of a discount....especially if your mind is set on a certain color/package combination.

For me, I was able to get $3K off the sticker for my 550i due to my long-time patronage to my local dealer.

Shop around and see what comes up...remember not to get too picky on certain color/options if you want the best deal.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Shop around and see what comes up...remember not to get too picky on certain color/options if you want the best deal.
actually, if he's going to order his F10 to his specs, he can be as picky as he wants, the OP said he didn't have time for EU delivery...but I believe he does want to order and spec his F10 and wait the 10-12 wks..so in that case, do shop around and remember to go from invoice up, not sticker down....
Old 08-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
actually, if he's going to order his F10 to his specs, he can be as picky as he wants, the OP said he didn't have time for EU delivery...but I believe he does want to order and spec his F10 and wait the 10-12 wks..so in that case, do shop around and remember to go from invoice up, not sticker down....
Great advice Gene.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Well, ordering a car to your exact specs and then waiting 3-4 months doesn't get you any discounts, especially on a brand-new model. You are much more likely to succeed in negotiating when you pick a car that's already in the lot and unsold. Dealers are going to want to move existing inventory. They are not willing to haggle with someone on car that doesn't exist and has the potential to get cancelled by the customer.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Well, ordering a car to your exact specs and then waiting 3-4 months doesn't get you any discounts, especially on a brand-new model. You are much more likely to succeed in negotiating when you pick a car that's already in the lot and unsold. Dealers are going to want to move existing inventory. They are not willing to haggle with someone on car that doesn't exist and has the potential to get cancelled by the customer.
still going to disagree with you here pete....

why order a vehicle and spend the time haggling over specs you don't want or have

depending on your dealership, they are going to want your $, regardless of what's on the lot. Coming in knowing what you want and willing to wait for it IMO let's your CA know you are a serious buyer. And some dealerships will take a deposit once your order is placed. And if for some reason one still pulls out of the deal before taking acquisition, a person with your current represented frame of mind will still purchase that car regardless and at a "good" price most likely.

I ordered my current e60 this way and will do so again if I do move forward with an F10 (first time BMW buyer at my e60 purchase time, still got $500 over invoice for a first year US LCI model), there are a good numbers of members here that order their BMW's to their specs and still are able to negotiate a "good" deal (old car, new car, rare car). If you don't have a relationship formed with a BMW CA, dealing with the dealership internet sales dept has seemed to be the most helpful for me. I can contact multiple dealerships in a short amount of time without ever leaving my house, and all quotes would be in writing. (I also did the same thing with my S4 prior to my e60)

Now, granted your theory is correct with the vehicle's on the lot that have been on there more than 90 (perhaps 60) days, as those will be "priced" to move. But as you referred to, the f10 is a brand new model, so not likely to have too many just sitting on the lots. That being said the ones that are probably more basic models without as many options.

BTT:

OP: I've read a few threads on f10posts where f10 purchasers are posting their purchase price, mostly 1K or 1.5K over invoice.

here's the pricing, purchasing, and ordering section on f10posts: http://f10.5post.com...splay.php?f=312

GL
Old 08-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Contributors

+2 ... And don't forget the BMWCCA cash !
Old 09-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Senior Members

Well Gene, I guess we agree to disagree once again.

Guys cancel preorders all the time. (I personally cancelled my preorder on a S4 last year). Just because someone puts money down on a car doesn't mean that person is a "serious buyer." The only deal that matter is the one that happens when you sign your name on that dotted line and take delivery. It's commonly known that you're going to get the best deal when you show little interest in the car and are willing to "walk away." The more you show absolute "love" to a certain car, the more the dealer knows that he can squeeze a little more $$ out of the deal.

I still think if you want the best deal on a F10 now, it's best to search your dealer's inventory and see what's available. I just got an email this morning from one of my local dealers (who doesn't know I already got a 550i from someone else) that they have a "special internet price" on a 550i on their lot and it seems they are very aggressive about getting rid of it and want me to "name my price".
Old 09-01-2010, 05:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Buy it from me and I'll do $1500 over invoice but you'll have to pick it up here.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I did make a nice bid and did send it out to 7 dealers (with different owners) around the county
about 10 - 400 km's from where I live.

Two of the offers made sense and the I gave them both then a counteroffer which one of dealers fulfilled my dream.

I partly (mostly) paid for my new car with my "old" '08 LCI 520dA.

The whole deal was made on the internet and a couple of phone calls.

Quick Reply: F10 535i - Prices Paid