F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

European F10 520D Deliveries have Started!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by morkjt
My dealer (Milton Keynes, UK) today, confirmed and brought forward my Delivery from Sept 9th to August 23rd - over two weeks forward.
Still waiting for a firm answer from my dealer. I ordered a 520d on April 17. Unfortunately gave my E60 back to the leasing company 01 May, and have been borrowing cars from friends and family ever since. The dealer has not been great at communicating. It's Sytner in Cardiff, should anyone wish to avoid them in the future.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Members

My dealer (Milton Keynes, UK) today, confirmed and brought forward my Delivery from Sept 9th to August 23rd - over two weeks forward.
If it is August 23 would you take delivery on a "10" plate, or wait for a "60"?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Members

My Ride: Awaiting a Saphire Black 520d SE, Black High-Gloss Trim, Black Fusion Upholstery, Hi-Fi Stereo, DAB Radio, USB/Ipod Adaptor. ETA Nov 21st 2007

Originally Posted by DeepGreen?
Doesn't matter to me Its a lease so either is fine - whatever get me the car fastest!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by TurboT
There must be always some substitute person available who can do the actual delivery, I don't believe that the whole place in on vacation...or else it's then really weird place...
Will take a call to my dealers place next week.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Members

Doesn't matter to me Its a lease so either is fine - whatever get me the car fastest!
Hi...did you use BMW leasing or an outside company ? I am looking to order a 520d around September, so just looking around for a good deal. I drove a manual yesterday and was mighty impressed although I'll go for an auto.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Members

My Ride: Awaiting a Saphire Black 520d SE, Black High-Gloss Trim, Black Fusion Upholstery, Hi-Fi Stereo, DAB Radio, USB/Ipod Adaptor. ETA Nov 21st 2007

Originally Posted by Kevkahuna
Hi...did you use BMW leasing or an outside company ? I am looking to order a 520d around September, so just looking around for a good deal. I drove a manual yesterday and was mighty impressed although I'll go for an auto.

Mine is a company lease, but it's from alphabet (a subsidiary of BMW UK): Alphabet
Old 07-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Members

Mine is a company lease, but it's from alphabet (a subsidiary of BMW UK): Alphabet
Thanks for that , I'll check it out. Have you driven the 520d yet ?
Old 07-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kevkahuna
Thanks for that , I'll check it out. Have you driven the 520d yet ?
Not an F10 no, my E60 is a 520d LCI tho. Driven an F10 530d - loved it but refuse to pay the tax.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by DeepGreen?
I just don't get how the British plate system works

It has something to do with the time, so everyone will know
how old ones car is, but wtf? Please explain?

PS. I know that the British budget year is not normal either.
Normal as in from January to December.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing
I just don't get how the British plate system works

It has something to do with the time, so everyone will know
how old ones car is, but wtf? Please explain?

PS. I know that the British budget year is not normal either.
Normal as in from January to December.

It is normal _here_

There are two plates a year (used to be one, every August - so in August you had a huge distortion as everyone would buy then wanting a new plate. On the old system, it was incredibly obvious to most people who understood the relevant letter (A = year 1, B = year 2) which year the car was first registered.

To spread the business out across the year, we now have two new plates a year. The same basic rule applies, if you know the system, you can tell which year it was registered, but it's a little more cryptic. For instance, my E60 is a 57 plate - 57 denotes 2007 and the "other" plate in 2007 was 07. In 2010, you currently get a "10" plate, and as of September, you get a 60 plate.

Budget year is based on the Tax System, and is April-March. This was setup originally in the mists of antiquity, basically to stop people in a what was a predominately Christian Country, having to work extra hard at year end which was in fact Christmas. Makes some sense, as year end at my business is a nightmare, but it's in March.

Quick Reply: European F10 520D Deliveries have Started!