F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Of Course We All Hate The F10......

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ
Now that the M-Sport model has launched I hear "you people" coming out of the woodwork to praise it. I WAS RIGHT! Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
don't be too quick to say "I told you so"

many members are still on the fence regarding the f10, even with the m sport kit...the rear on the m sport pkg is still going to take some getting used to...but I think most of us are coming around regarding a non m sport pkg f10....
Old 09-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
don't be too quick to say "I told you so"

many members are still on the fence regarding the f10, even with the m sport kit...the rear on the m sport pkg is still going to take some getting used to...but I think most of us are coming around regarding a non m sport pkg f10....
Hi,

I don't quite understand. Are you just looking at the car? By my opinion you should first drive the F10. Having had 2 pcs E34, 2 pcs E39 and 3 pcs E60, I have to say that among these vehicles, the F10 535 is by far the best BMW ever I have had. No matter how it looks, as you drive it, you don't see it. And actually, my subjective opinion, the F10 also looks pretty good and sporty. I always like it as I see it waiting for me... And the E60 looks so old in traffic...

Best regards,

TGII
Old 09-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

TG, both looks and feel are very subjective, so it's a pointless debate to try and have...

that being said, I myself do like the f10, just not sure if it's next car for me....but I am glad you are happy with your f10 and glad you have positive feedback about it.....no doubt, it's a great car as is the e60 and every other 5 series before that.....
Old 09-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Well said Gene! To TG, please spend some time reading our posts, we have driven car so our comments are not simply based on the exterior. As Gene says, both how the car "feels" to a driver and the looks are highly subjective so debate is simply a matter of my opinion versus yours. Nobody is wrong, we just have different opinions of the car. Enjoy your F10!!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by m630
what i mean is simple, the package did not fit the market it is serving, therefore it is a poor product period(i did not say low quality product, but a poor product, which it certainly is)

The 5er is not meant to be a full sized luxury boat, which it has become, it was supposed to be a sport saloon dripping in luxury, very different concept and this F10 does not fit that description as most every objective poster has noted. Thats a poor product offering.

I have not driven it as I dont want a car that large, I dont need a 7er with a few less inches and a few less pounds, so I dont need to drive it to know what it is or is not.

As for what people want to buy, well just read all the comments here from current owners, not many are rushing to buy it to replace their e60s, now are they, and many seem to now be looking elsewhere...that tells me that BMW has javascript:closeGhostery()begun to alienate its current customer base which again is a poor product offering. And we wont even start to discuss the rest of the line up, like the GT, did anyone need this? did bmw need to waste untold R&D on that vehicle? same with the 1series, it was a great idea if they had actually made a smaller car,but to make a 1er that is based on the 3 series platform and just weighs a bit less and cost almost the same, well that is a car that people dont want to buy, they did want a small, agile, LIGHTweight bmw, but they got a bloated 1er and on and on and on.

BMW even proves this point themselves with their "green movement"..they believe people want more ecologically sound vehicles(which I may very well disagree with mind you) so they hype up the efficient dynamics marketing slogans, and yet they build larger, bloated cars that numb the driver involvement with each successive offering, is that a "good product offering" in your mind? Would it not have been more in line with a green movement to offer a slighly SMALLER and significantly LIGHTER f10 than the e60 if you really believed that efficiency is what your customers wanted? I dont think you offer a car that weighs 300-400lbs more, with more power (simply to offset the added weight) and then claim a few extra mpgs and call it green??? Is that a good product offering?

I love bmw and have been on the bandwagon for as long as I knew what cars were, and have owned them for 20 years now including my current bmw, the ultimate bmw if you will, but Im not foolish enough to just follow them when they have abandoned what made me love them for my lifetime. :thumbsdown:
Just calm down, pal. I also used to criticize the new 5 Series but now this new model keeps growing on me. I think in some time the F10 will retake its fully deserved crown from the hands of the E-Class. The new 5 Series just needs some time. And let's stop criticizing the new 5er, because I think it's a GREAT AUTOMOBILE.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

I hate the F10 for one reason:

No friggin room for spare time. They expect me to use RFT? I hate those! I want performance tires that means.... big.... but the last thing I need is to go buy a spare time, put it in the trunk and let it bounce around..... :thumbsdown:
Old 09-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA
And actually, my subjective opinion, the F10 also looks pretty good and sporty. I always like it as I see it waiting for me... And the E60 looks so old in traffic...
Best regards,
TGII
+ 1 - absolutely!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BigMike
I hate the F10 for one reason:

No friggin room for spare time. They expect me to use RFT? I hate those! I want performance tires that means.... big.... but the last thing I need is to go buy a spare time, put it in the trunk and let it bounce around..... :thumbsdown:
We all hate it, but if you want to drive any modern day non-M BMW that's what you gotta deal with unfortunately
Old 09-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you really need to carry a spare if it means that much to you-I have not carried a spare in my e60 since I bought it and dumped the runflats and have not had a flat in 4 years. If I do get one I will have my car towed or AAA called--tires if monitored well very rarely go flat or fail. Shouldnt be a deal breaker for ya
Old 09-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by Ricracing
+ 1 - absolutely!
Saw another bland F10 today. Its taking a while to like it.

That said, M5 version will be another story.