F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

comfort access standard

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Just gone-520d m sport- Jet Black- Dakota Leather black- AluCube interior, On order- F10 520d SE-Titanium Silver

I read in a review that the F10 comes with comfort access & leather as standard in th UK. Anyone know if this is correct?
Old 04-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Senior Members

All F10's are started by just pushing the start button. There's no place to insert a key fob. Unlocking and locking the doors with the key in your pocket is the "new" comfort access and is an option.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:24 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 525d SE Space Grey; Black Leather; Professional Sat Nav Package; 8-speed Auto; Folding Rear Seats; Folding Mirrors

Originally Posted by hinckley
All F10's are started by just pushing the start button. There's no place to insert a key fob. Unlocking and locking the doors with the key in your pocket is the "new" comfort access and is an option.
To clarify Hinckley's point, unlocking and locking the doors with the key in your pocket is standard in the UK - my F10 has it and I didn't order any comfort access options. The comfort access option will additionally allow you to open the car doors without touching the key.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i

I drove the F01 7 Series and it also had no place to insert the key fob!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jedp78
To clarify Hinckley's point, unlocking and locking the doors with the key in your pocket is standard in the UK - my F10 has it and I didn't order any comfort access options. The comfort access option will additionally allow you to open the car doors without touching the key.
To the OP, all you have to do with comfort access in order to open the door is to touch a certain part of the door handle and it will unlock the door. Pretty neat.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Members

I am not sure my car has this - but in fairness I have not tried. How do you open the doors with key in pocket?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Rich535d
I am not sure my car has this - but in fairness I have not tried. How do you open the doors with key in pocket?
The door(s) (can been chosen from the iDrive) will open automatically when you come close to your car.
Then, just push the Start button, put the gear in and drive.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing
The door(s) (can been chosen from the iDrive) will open automatically when you come close to your car.
Then, just push the Start button, put the gear in and drive.
No, I don't have it Why do some people have it and I do not?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

On the E60 Comfort Access means that the door can be unlocked automatically when you grap the door handle with key remote in your pocket.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Members

Do you need to touch the door handle as per normal comfort access? Or does it just open when you get close? Does it open all doors or just the driver's door?

Quick Reply: comfort access standard