F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Boring boring boring

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: f10 520da - 328 wheels, ambient lighting, sport s-wheel, oyster/black, fineline anthracite, Sophisto Gray

I thought the E60 was an ugly beast when it arrived and my F10 is quite large.

I'm still new to all this and really enjoy the banter but I'm getting a little bored of the constant 'f10 it too big theme'

Even it the thread starts on a completely different theme it always gets back to the size issues.

If the Egyptians can sort out their problems can't we all have a go too?

Lets face it sooner or later most people will have to embrace the f10 to stay with the brand
Old 02-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why would you buy cars that you admit you thought were ugly-plenty of cars out there that makes no sense. You shouldnt have to have a new car "grow on you" its not like your 16 and your dad gave you an older car that you werent crazy about
Old 02-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by Diamond
why would you buy cars that you admit you thought were ugly-plenty of cars out there that makes no sense. You shouldnt have to have a new car "grow on you" its not like your 16 and your dad gave you an older car that you werent crazy about

You know, Diamond, call me crazy, but I agree with you somewhat on this point. There are a TON of cars out there. You shouldn't have to settle, esp. for an expensive luxury car costing upwards of $70K+. It's not like you're buying a pet and expecting it to "grow" on you. It is what it is. It's simply a machine. If there are things that annoy you about a car when it's brand new, it will eventually bother you even more later on....at least, from my experience. No car will please everybody and that's certainly the case with the F10. If you don't like it, fine, move on and get something else.

This "too big" thing is really getting old....the car is really roughly the same size as an Audi A6. Yes, the extra weight and electronic steering takes the sportiness out of it somewhat but if sales are any indication, it hasn't been the deal-breaker for a lot of folks. If it is a deal-breaker for some of you, then move on to a M3 or a different brand. All this bitchin'-and-moanin' is getting to be pretty juvenile.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Which one handles better the 550 or the 535?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Diamond
I actually disagree with this. When I bought my E60 I thought it was kind of ugly (especially the rear end), but I loved the way it drove. Since that's what I cared most about, I bought it anyway and have since come to love the looks of it.

If you're buying a car to impress others, then yes - looks are very important.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

It's all part of the "Learning (to love our car) Curve"...just enjoy what you've got and then Mod it!!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Members

I am happy with my E60 550i and don't care at all about upgrading to F10.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535XIT Space Gray, Cream Beige LeatherCold Weather, Premium, Auto, Rear Side Window Shapes, Heated Rear Seats, Park Distance, Navigation, Satellite Radio
Model Year: 08

Originally Posted by Petes550i
You know, Diamond, call me crazy, but I agree with you somewhat on this point. There are a TON of cars out there. You shouldn't have to settle, esp. for an expensive luxury car costing upwards of $70K+. It's not like you're buying a pet and expecting it to "grow" on you. It is what it is. It's simply a machine. If there are things that annoy you about a car when it's brand new, it will eventually bother you even more later on....at least, from my experience. No car will please everybody and that's certainly the case with the F10. If you don't like it, fine, move on and get something else.

This "too big" thing is really getting old....the car is really roughly the same size as an Audi A6. Yes, the extra weight and electronic steering takes the sportiness out of it somewhat but if sales are any indication, it hasn't been the deal-breaker for a lot of folks. If it is a deal-breaker for some of you, then move on to a M3 or a different brand. All this bitchin'-and-moanin' is getting to be pretty juvenile.

I think some people are fans of BMW and expect the cars to be great. I am disappointed with the F11 528; normally a replacement model is a step forward. Now the car may appeal to a broader market but I expect BMW to be special and not generic. It seems like BMW is following the mistakes of GM and others in the 70's making the car bigger and heavier and compensating by adding more hp. The 5 GT and the X6 are great examples of cars with questionable benefit and surly not main stream why did BMW have to go main stream with the F11?. Now if you where a 7 buyer the 5 might look like a sporty car at good price but to me the quintessential BMW is the 3 and the E60 offered almost the same amount of sportiness with more space and great mpg (with the 535). You might call it bitching but I was disappointed and wanted to express it. The fact that I am not alone is interesting and I hope that BMW notices.

The sales of the F11 is up but the sales of the 7 is down so you could inferior that F11 is stealing sales from the 7 buyer. I am not sure that is good for BMW? https://5series.net/forums/topic/109...-sales-report/ My guess is that the new 3 will be almost the same size as the E60 and that might be a better car for me.

I might also "bitch" about the fact that BMW is not importing the 5 wagon but I understand that most Americans don't want to drive a station wagon.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545 BLK/BLK
Model Year: 2005

+100

:-)
Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545 BLK/BLK
Model Year: 2005

"No car will please everybody and that's certainly the case with the F10. If you don't like it, fine, move on and get something else".

I agree with this 100% and I think that's what some people are saying. And I think they are just voicing their disappointment with a car company that they love and come to expect to put out Great driving, great looking cars. What good is a forum if you can't voice your opinion?

Quick Reply: Boring boring boring