F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Anyone near Bremerhaven have a boat I could borrow?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010 | 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by MBlack78
Hey Rudy......I also got on the Patriot. I've haven't found anybody else from the forums on it yet, besides you. Last I checked she was making her way through the Biscay Bay, northwest of Spain, heading directly to Baltimore. Looks like she'll land a day ahead of schedule on the 5th according to the itinerary. I too will port at Baltimore. Hopefully our cars pass through VPC quick.
Welcome to the forums! Usually, they prioritize sold cars (they're called "Priority One") so they should move through the VPC fairly quickly. The one thing I'm not sure of is whether they'll be prepped in Baltimore or whether they'll be sent down to Charleston's VPC. From what I understand, there is no BMW VPC in Baltimore (just one in NJ and one in SC.) Cars do, however, get processed in Baltimore in a non-BMW owned facility. I've heard (but am not certain that) BMW uses the VPC that Mercedes-Benz has there but I also think that the shipper, Wallenius Wilhelmsen, has a facility there for processing/prepping cars that come off their ships.

Either way, it won't be too long now!
Old 10-28-2010 | 05:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 550i xDrive Deep Sea Blue w/ Oyster/Black // Premium Package 2 // Sport Package // Sports Transmission // Convenience Package // Smartphone Integration

Originally Posted by Rudy
Welcome to the forums! Usually, they prioritize sold cars (they're called "Priority One") so they should move through the VPC fairly quickly. The one thing I'm not sure of is whether they'll be prepped in Baltimore or whether they'll be sent down to Charleston's VPC. From what I understand, there is no BMW VPC in Baltimore (just one in NJ and one in SC.) Cars do, however, get processed in Baltimore in a non-BMW owned facility. I've heard (but am not certain that) BMW uses the VPC that Mercedes-Benz has there but I also think that the shipper, Wallenius Wilhelmsen, has a facility there for processing/prepping cars that come off their ships.

Either way, it won't be too long now!
Thanks Rudy...I read the same thing about Baltimore (BMW uses MB owned VPC). I believe I also read that they solely use the Charleston location for the X3's now, so I'd expect them to be processed in Baltimore.
Old 10-28-2010 | 06:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by MBlack78
Thanks Rudy...I read the same thing about Baltimore (BMW uses MB owned VPC). I believe I also read that they solely use the Charleston location for the X3's now, so I'd expect them to be processed in Baltimore.
BMW is apparently outsourcing this at many ports. My car entered via Brunswick, GA earlier this month...
Old 10-29-2010 | 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kscarrol
BMW is apparently outsourcing this at many ports. My car entered via Brunswick, GA earlier this month...
But are you sure it didn't get sent down to Charleston from there? Seems like it would be pretty close in proximity...
Old 10-29-2010 | 03:22 AM
Contributors

But are you sure it didn't get sent down to Charleston from there? Seems like it would be pretty close in proximity...
Perhaps but Brunswick and Charleston are 140 miles apart. Why incur the additional transportation costs between the two? Either they process the car in Brunswick or I would think they's ship it into Charleston. Brunswick has large facilities for handling cars and I suspect BMW uses MB or some other third party at the port of Brunswick... But I don't know that for a fact!
Old 10-29-2010 | 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Perhaps but Brunswick and Charleston are 140 miles apart. Why incur the additional transportation costs between the two? Either they process the car in Brunswick or I would think they's ship it into Charleston. Brunswick has large facilities for handling cars and I suspect BMW uses MB or some other third party at the port of Brunswick... But I don't know that for a fact!
They might also have a contract with Wallenius Wilhelmsen to do the prep work in Brunswick...
Old 10-29-2010 | 11:16 AM
Contributors

They might also have a contract with Wallenius Wilhelmsen to do the prep work in Brunswick...
Could be, but my car came over on a K Line ship, not a WW ship.
Old 10-29-2010 | 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

confirmed...on the Porgy

too bad I can't track her right now tho
Old 10-29-2010 | 02:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Super Moderators Rudy??? LOL! Blah!
Old 10-29-2010 | 02:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Super Moderators Rudy??? LOL! Blah!
Hey, remember, he's worked SOOOO Hard for that title!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone near Bremerhaven have a boat I could borrow?