F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

5er vs the new Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 525i

Babken, I too do not like f10 (compared to e60), I also think the new A6 looks nice (and even sat in one, but not yet testdrove it). But the way you express yourself is childish (at least).

Originally Posted by BabkenBMW
You see?
Petes can't answer the question, because he has realized that the A6 kicks the 5 series heavy weight ass hopelessly. Maybe you can bring on some arguments? Though I'm sure neither of you can. :thumbsdown:
Old 07-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

You see?
Petes can't answer the question, because he has realized that the A6 kicks the 5 series heavy weight ass hopelessly. Maybe you can bring on some arguments? Though I'm sure neither of you can. :thumbsdown:

Ok, my little uneducated friend, tell you what.....let's meet at the track...I'll bring my 550i and you bring your A6 and I'll be very happy to smoke your sorry ass.

....Oh wait....you don't even have an A6....I think you don't even have a car!

We'll talk when you're old enough to get a driver's license.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Judging from his string of posts this morning, our good friend BabkenBMW has been drinking again...

Drinking?.....more like sitting in front of his parents' computer high on drugs!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Isn't this a pretty ridiculous discussion?

Fact is that the VW group has made very well in the last decades. They now own besides the basic VW, Seat, Skoda and Audi brands also the Porsche, Bentley, Lamborghini and Bugatti brands.

Also well branded quality trucks in EU like VW, Scania and M.A.N are Volkswagen owned now. (Look out US truck industry!)

So why wouldn't the Audi A6 be a excellent car? The competition is so hard these days, that VW can't afford to bring out a lousy A6.

The BMW F10 and M-B E-series are stonehard competion for the new A6.
But what car is the best?
Old 07-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

You see?
Put down the bottle and back away from the keyboard. Read my signature, I drive an M3, not an F10. There are a number of reasons for that...

And as for the new A6, I never said a bad word about the car. Frankly I think Audi makes very solid cars and have done a lot in recent years to close the gap with BMW. In my view, the BMW vs. Audi discussions are a lot like the Ford vs. Chevy arguments over who makes the best truck here in the US. A waste of time and energy. They are similar in many ways and most of the differences are in areas that are highly subjective...
Old 07-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by kscarrol
In my view, the BMW vs. Audi discussions are a lot like the Ford vs. Chevy arguments over who makes the best truck here in the US. A waste of time and energy. They are similar in many ways and most of the differences are in areas that are highly subjective...

EXACTLY, as Swajames said, it's subjective. It will come down to what ever car "calls to you". For me? I have not loved an Audi deign since the original Quattro and don't know if I ever will, no matter the quality. The designs just don't do it for me. I guess I'll be a BMW guy for life. Just so many BMW designs I have loved, from the 2002 to F10.

Same as supercars, yes, Ferrari is beautiful, and Lambos perform. But for some reason I love Aston Martins, even though I know they are not tops in performance or handling - they are simply beautiful cars.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by pjinca
EXACTLY, as Swajames said, it's subjective. It will come down to what ever car "calls to you". For me? I have not loved an Audi deign since the original Quattro and don't know if I ever will, no matter the quality. The designs just don't do it for me. I guess I'll be a BMW guy for life. Just so many BMW designs I have loved, from the 2002 to F10.

Same as supercars, yes, Ferrari is beautiful, and Lambos perform. But for some reason I love Aston Martins, even though I know they are not tops in performance or handling - they are simply beautiful cars.
Very well said, John. The thing about BMW is that they do what very few car companies do which is to create a real and lasting bond connection between the brand and their customers - and it all starts with great product.

I'm totally with you on the Aston thing too, I just adore them. And that's 100% down to them being cars that speak to me on an emotional level - my head tells me the other cars may outperform, but my heart tells me that those Astons are simply beautiful, they sound incredible, and I just love the image.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames
Very well said, John. The thing about BMW is that they do what very few car companies do which is to create a real and lasting bond connection between the brand and their customers - and it all starts with great product.

I'm totally with you on the Aston thing too, I just adore them. And that's 100% down to them being cars that speak to me on an emotional level - my head tells me the other cars may outperform, but my heart tells me that those Astons are simply beautiful, they sound incredible, and I just love the image.

....yes, the Panamera's faster and less expensive but the Rapide's waaay sexier!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Petes550i

....yes, the Panamera's faster and less expensive but the Rapide's waaay sexier!
It most certainly is, Pete - I've seen a couple of Rapide's on the road, and it's just an amazingly beautiful car. It's one of those cars that looks great in a photo, but then you see one in the flesh and you realize that the pics didn't even do it justice.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Members

I will admit the Audi headlamps look nice. I will have to drive one to comment... when i was shopping around for the F10 i did look at the E... v8 vs v8 and i will say i found the E class to be a very forgiving car and i found the F10 to be a bit of a monster.

As a previous Audi/VW owner i can say i am very reluctant to spend my money on an audi. I have never heard of a reliable audi nor have i experienced one.

I think the audi's getting more popular nowadays has to do with them buying spots in movies shows and such. A lot many folks who know nothing about cars and just buy a car to get a "smooth ride" always pick audi's over bms nowadays because they are in all the big hollywood blockbusters.

I agree with someone who commented about audis 3.0 vs bms v8. I personally would lean towards a v8.

Another thing the stock f10 was horrible to drive they key was the DHP.

Quick Reply: 5er vs the new Audi A6