F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

2010 BMW 5-series (F10) Official Pictures!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 528i Lexus LS460 Lexus GX470 Lexus RX300 Silversport

Old 11-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Members

I was really scared about how this would look. The front and side view are much better than I expected. I really like them. The back is alot more boring than I had expected but from all the spy shots and renderings Im happy how the back came out. I really didnt like the way the spy shots and renderings were depicting the back of the car. Now that I see the back it is definitely a relief.

I think they could have come out with a more exciting rear end and we could all be talking about how great and innovative the car looks instead of the mixed feeling most of us are getting. With all that said I will probably be getting one once my lease ends because they did enough to make me happy with the design. Very safe IMO.

Does anyone know the performance difference in the current 535 and the f10? The engines specs seem to be similar in regards to HP... Will anything else contribute to more speed (ie: weight, design, single turbo vs twin tubro etc).
Old 11-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

It is a highly likable design. It is rather neutral and non-offensive, it is definitely not looking to polarize, like the e60. There will be far fewer people who will hate the F10, than the e60. But it just is not exciting. I've watched pretty much all the vids and looked at all the pics, read most of the specs (BTW no manual on the TT V8??? REALLY???) and I still cannot bring myself up to even call it good-looking. I like it, I'd even probably get one, but I would not trade my e60 for it. Maybe, if I had a Lexus, Infinity or a Honda and was looking to upgrade to BMW, this would be the perfect car. But from my e60, it is clear to me now that if I do ever get rid of it, it will be to get either an e92 or a car made by a different company. Perhaps BMW needed to compete with Lexus, but they should not have made a car that looks like it wants to compete with Lexus so much... I don't know... I think I'm finally realizing that BMW is not the only car maker out there...
Old 11-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1061436' date='Nov 24 2009, 10:09 AM
It is a highly likable design. It is rather neutral and non-offensive, it is definitely not looking to polarize, like the e60. There will be far fewer people who will hate the F10, than the e60. But it just is not exciting. I've watched pretty much all the vids and looked at all the pics, read most of the specs (BTW no manual on the TT V8??? REALLY???) and I still cannot bring myself up to even call it good-looking. I like it, I'd even probably get one, but I would not trade my e60 for it. Maybe, if I had a Lexus, Infinity or a Honda and was looking to upgrade to BMW, this would be the perfect car. But from my e60, it is clear to me now that if I do ever get rid of it, it will be to get either an e92 or a car made by a different company. Perhaps BMW needed to compete with Lexus, but they should not have made a car that looks like it wants to compete with Lexus so much... I don't know... I think I'm finally realizing that BMW is not the only car maker out there...
I think what V wrote above is where I am at with this car and still waiting to see that M-Sport version.

The reason I got into an E60 was because I hated what BMW did to the 3-series, i.e. E46 to E90. It was very different, but that rear end totally put me off the 3er. I get the feeling that BMW did not want to drift too far away from the E60, but still incorporate some of the new design cues from the newer models. This is one of their key bread & butter models, so I guess rightly or wrongly they are playing it safe on the design front.

I'm really looking forward to seeing one of these F10s on the road, especially the autobahn/highway. I saw the press pics of the F1 (7er) and thought "looks ok", then saw it in a show-room and thought "very nice", then when I saw it in Germany on the autobahn very quickly filling up my rear view mirror I thought "wow"; its a very impressive and imposing sight when that thing comes flying up behind you! At that point it really drove the message home that these are purposeful drivers cars and it changed my attitude to the whole car. That's still what I like about the BMW range (well most of it cough GT cough), is that they have that purposeful and dynamic sports look, which obviously comes across best with sports packs / wheels etc. If you want conservative, well you can spec it up that way as well. So I'm still not feeling the urge to jump ship

Still waiting to get excited about this car, but I'm sure I will do when I see an M-Sport version in the flesh...
Old 11-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

This notice comes from a Finnish forum:

- Antti -
Old 11-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='1061440' date='Nov 24 2009, 04:26 AM
This notice comes from a Finnish forum:

- Antti -
You could've substituted either of those two pics with a rear of an LCI e90 and no one would be able to tell the difference...
Old 11-24-2009, 03:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by kgmccarthy' post='1061207' date='Nov 23 2009, 09:36 PM
I was thinking the exact opposite! I hate that horizontal line accross the hood. It makes it look like a Volvo!
I agree. Overall I like the looks and design, but that horizontal line through the front hood really does break up the otherwise lovely lines.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Contributors

I'm surprised no one has discussed the idiotic grin of a front bumper they threw on the F10. I understand that Koreans are up and coming in the auto industry, but I didn't realize it was already time for BMW to copy Hyudai Genesis :thumbsdown:
Old 11-24-2009, 04:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

i dont know, but i really am not liking this car.. i mean i remember when the new 7 series came out and i saw it from the back the first time! to me i absolutely loved it right on the spot. i wanted it in the worst way, but this i swear i DO NOT like the new 7 series OR the F10. the front is cheesy and the back looks like someone said (volvo) mixed with a lexus. its just not doing it for me at all..

who knows maybe it will grow on me like the maxima did, but im a little dissappointed to be honest. if the mods cant help it out tremendously i think ill be getting a 2009 and ending there. sigh

im hoping i really need to see it in person to fall in love with it.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

Haha, so much drama in this thread!

Quick Reply: 2010 BMW 5-series (F10) Official Pictures!!