E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Stainless steel brake lines for E61 (Not AWD)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 01:17 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Wagon
Default Stainless steel brake lines for E61 (Not AWD)

I got a 2006 530i Wagon. Its a Japanese car and I am in New Zealand. Its time to replace brake lines but I am not sure which one to get.

UCC stainless steel brake lines discussed in the below thread (SSBL-4-615T) might be for AWD while mine is RWD i believe.
https://5series.net/forums/e61-touri...lines-137301/#

Can you anyone confirm which lines I need to get. I plan to get them shipped from US to NZ as its not easy to get parts here in NZ.

WBANL72030CF97002 BMW 5 series E61 530i 2006 - VinDecoderz.com is a free VIN number lookup and vehicle history report provider
Old 08-16-2016, 12:36 PM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530xiT (E61)
Model Year: 2007

put your vin into realoem.com and you should be able to locate the part number quickly
Old 08-16-2016, 12:40 PM
New Members

front lines are part# 34326767390

rear lines are part# 34306795676
Old 08-16-2016, 12:58 PM
New Members

Thanks for the info Jon. What I need to know is whats the correct Stainless Steel Brake Kit for my car (either UUC or Bavarian). None of these sites show BMW part# as reference for cross check. I have sent an email to those sites and waiting to hear.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:19 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by miamikk
Thanks for the info Jon. What I need to know is whats the correct Stainless Steel Brake Kit for my car (either UUC or Bavarian). None of these sites show BMW part# as reference for cross check. I have sent an email to those sites and waiting to hear.
is there a reason you want/need stainless? are you tracking the car?

I went through this recently and replaced all of mine with OEM rubber lines because I only use the car as a daily driver. i didnt see the need for stainless.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:41 PM
New Members

I don't have any specific reason. I thought they will last a lot longer compared to OEM and also noticed the OEM lines are more expensive (about $30-$40 per line) compared to stainless steel kit (about $90-$100 for the set of 4).

What did you replace yours with and where did you get them ?
Old 08-17-2016, 12:48 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by miamikk
I don't have any specific reason. I thought they will last a lot longer compared to OEM and also noticed the OEM lines are more expensive (about $30-$40 per line) compared to stainless steel kit (about $90-$100 for the set of 4).

What did you replace yours with and where did you get them ?
I got mine from FCP Euro for about $55 for the full set of 4 rubber lines. These were aftermarket and not BMW parts but the lengths and rubber grommets were perfect copies of the originals. My car is an 07 and has been parked outside in New England winters since it was new and constantly exposed to salt and the original lines still looked pretty good without any obvious cracking. I only replaced mine because I was doing brake pads and rotors and also needed to do a fluid flush so the extra $50 for lines didn't seem like a bad idea.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:32 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by BostonJon
I got mine from FCP Euro for about $55 for the full set of 4 rubber lines. These were aftermarket and not BMW parts but the lengths and rubber grommets were perfect copies of the originals. My car is an 07 and has been parked outside in New England winters since it was new and constantly exposed to salt and the original lines still looked pretty good without any obvious cracking. I only replaced mine because I was doing brake pads and rotors and also needed to do a fluid flush so the extra $50 for lines didn't seem like a bad idea.
One thing I forgot to mention.....make sure you get a good set of line wrenches. You will absolutely need them for changing out the brake lines. These are different than typical open end wrenches and are less likely to round off the corners of the nuts on the ends of the lines.

Also, make sure you are able/comfortable with bleeding your brakes because it will be required after changing the lines.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:30 AM
RCB
New Members

My Ride: E61 535Xit

I'm doing a factory brake upgrade on my E61x right now and I ordered UUC brake lines. The rears are 1" shorter then the OEMs and the fronts are 1" longer. I am going to call them but I don't imagine that they where intentional sized this way. The rears are so short that I can barley make the connection. Thankfully my car rides lower when the suspension is compressed but if I ever hit full droop I could possibly snap a line.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:07 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by RCB
I'm doing a factory brake upgrade on my E61x right now and I ordered UUC brake lines. The rears are 1" shorter then the OEMs and the fronts are 1" longer. I am going to call them but I don't imagine that they where intentional sized this way. The rears are so short that I can barley make the connection. Thankfully my car rides lower when the suspension is compressed but if I ever hit full droop I could possibly snap a line.
just out of curiosity because i also have an E61, what upgraded components are you using?

noticed you're in boston too - if you dont already have a set of line wrenches, you're more than welcome to use mine. i have a mightyvac too that i used to bleed my brakes after I put on new lines.

Quick Reply: Stainless steel brake lines for E61 (Not AWD)