E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Slightly Different E61 Panoramic Roof Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:13 AM
met
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have read lots of thread on here about the rear sticking etc but i have a slightly different issue. I noticed a lot of wind noise on the very front lip on the sunroof, when it rains a get a few drips at the front left and right corners, looking from the top the front panel seems to have dropped down and if you apply light pressure you can push the front panel a the leading edge down quite a bit, so the wind force when driving must be pressing it down, is there any adjustment as the seals all look ok from inspecting them, just seems that the front panel needs to be adjusted upwards?
any ideas please???

thanks in advance

car is an 07 M5 Touring, in the best colour...... Silverstone 2
Old 09-24-2012, 06:41 AM
Members

Hi

The seal does start to wear and create wind noise. I replaced mine on my E61 and it eliminated almost all the noise. The seal is cheap £20 or so and is easy to do.

It may be that as your seal has worn the settings are no longer the same for the sunroof so you can try this, which is what should be done after a new seal is fitted anyway.

Sunroof initialisation.

YouTube:
Old 09-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder how many touring's are on the forum
Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Oh, we're quite a few!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to here from you ,i thought i was on my own
Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Originally Posted by narvselius
Oh, we're quite a few!
Your signature says you have a "E61 530iAM". How is that an M5 touring?

PS I think I realize the confusion now... He asked here how many tourings there are, to which you replied, quite a few. But in a different thread he started, he'd asked "how many m5 e61 are on the forum?" Which is what I thought he was asking here as well. I think that's his intention, based on his reply that he thought he was the only one here...
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by Lotus99
Your signature says you have a "E61 530iAM". How is that an M5 touring?

PS I think I realize the confusion now... He asked here how many tourings there are, to which you replied, quite a few. But in a different thread he started, he'd asked "how many m5 e61 are on the forum?" Which is what I thought he was asking here as well. I think that's his intention, based on his reply that he thought he was the only one here...
Yep, but he did ask how many tourings there are... Actually, there have been some E61 M5 around here too, so he hopefully he shouldn't feel alone!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Members

Thread kllig is what I would call this... How many M5, so what? This one is about a sunroof...

ON TOPIC: I noticed mine was a lot quieter after Intense cleaning with a toothbrush and spraying with lubricant to make the opening and closing smoother. It's all as new right now.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Originally Posted by Bazz530i
Thread kllig is what I would call this... How many M5, so what? This one is about a sunroof...

ON TOPIC: I noticed mine was a lot quieter after Intense cleaning with a toothbrush and spraying with lubricant to make the opening and closing smoother. It's all as new right now.
And bad spelling is what I would call the above!

ON TOPIC: Neil already answered him 4 hours after he posted. Guess the OP isn't that concerned, as he hasn't returned since a week ago!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Lotus99
And bad spelling is what I would call the above!

ON TOPIC: Neil already answered him 4 hours after he posted. Guess the OP isn't that concerned, as he hasn't returned since a week ago!
Sorry for that, typing on iPad while the wife is trying to sleep

ON TOPIC: Who needs wipers anyway? When I drive fast enough there's no water on my windscreen, how about yours?

Quick Reply: Slightly Different E61 Panoramic Roof Problem