E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Should I cancel the contract??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

I'm sure you have an enforceable contract, and I think the salesman should be hung, drawn and quartered - well maybe not quite, but I doubt he is in his boss's good book anyway. The question is: is it worth it?

Having dragged a similar case (for a piece of antique furniture, but basically misdescription) for more than a year through the courts in the UK (though coincidentally the dealer was an Aussie), and having "won", I am now ~?3,000 out of pocket in non-reimbursable costs, plus the time and aggro. The only satisfaction is that the crook - er, dealer - is much worse off than me, at least financially. Would I do it again? I am not sure, but I am a hell of a lot more cautious about signing contracts now.

If I were you, I'd get whatever compensation they are ready to offer in "readies" (removable accessories? goodwill payment? a mountain bike?), say goodbye and focus on getting myself a good deal on another car with a TV, a fridge or anything else you'd like.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d E61, M-Package in Carbonblack, DVB-T and X-Box installed

Originally Posted by breytonhartge' post='343808' date='Oct 11 2006, 06:05 PM
The sales person did apologise and say that it was his mistake, but when we asked how he was going to rememdy the mistake, he basically said, it is still a good deal anyway and you don't need the TV.
So where's the point. Simply tell him that the buy was your mistake and, as he basically didn't do a good job, you don't need to talk to him but to his boss. <_<

Sorry, but these are the guys thinking they're doing a good job because of sales figures and not because of pleased customers...

TV Option... I saved the 1.000 Eur here for the option and installed the aftermarket iDrive Video interface + Digital TV (unlocked) + a CarPC + rear monitor in the car.... did me cost just slightly more but
- full screen TV, unlocked up to 250km/h
- CarPC for Movies, MP3, etc
- navigation on front, Movies on the back

regs
Volkmar
Old 10-17-2006, 06:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vstegmann' post='345796' date='Oct 17 2006, 10:11 PM
So where's the point. Simply tell him that the buy was your mistake and, as he basically didn't do a good job, you don't need to talk to him but to his boss. <_<

Sorry, but these are the guys thinking they're doing a good job because of sales figures and not because of pleased customers...

TV Option... I saved the 1.000 Eur here for the option and installed the aftermarket iDrive Video interface + Digital TV (unlocked) + a CarPC + rear monitor in the car.... did me cost just slightly more but
- full screen TV, unlocked up to 250km/h
- CarPC for Movies, MP3, etc
- navigation on front, Movies on the back

regs
Volkmar
I looked at that option, but I am told by both the BMW techs and the alpine techs that it cannot be done because the car came optioned with the business nav and not the professional nav... and the alpine tech told me that an aftermarket adaptor will only be available for retrofitting in about 12 months... and that is only a maybe.

Could you tell me more about your system. It sounds interesting.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by dlevi67' post='345774' date='Oct 17 2006, 08:40 PM
I'm sure you have an enforceable contract, and I think the salesman should be hung, drawn and quartered - well maybe not quite, but I doubt he is in his boss's good book anyway. The question is: is it worth it?

Having dragged a similar case (for a piece of antique furniture, but basically misdescription) for more than a year through the courts in the UK (though coincidentally the dealer was an Aussie), and having "won", I am now ~?3,000 out of pocket in non-reimbursable costs, plus the time and aggro. The only satisfaction is that the crook - er, dealer - is much worse off than me, at least financially. Would I do it again? I am not sure, but I am a hell of a lot more cautious about signing contracts now.

If I were you, I'd get whatever compensation they are ready to offer in "readies" (removable accessories? goodwill payment? a mountain bike?), say goodbye and focus on getting myself a good deal on another car with a TV, a fridge or anything else you'd like.
Point taken.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by breytonhartge' post='345837' date='Oct 17 2006, 04:37 PM
I looked at that option, but I am told by both the BMW techs and the alpine techs that it cannot be done because the car came optioned with the business nav and not the professional nav... and the alpine tech told me that an aftermarket adaptor will only be available for retrofitting in about 12 months... and that is only a maybe.

ok, in my opinion, the biggest drawback of the deal is not that the tv is missing but that you have nav business and not nav professional - not that is a major no-go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without the nav pro, the car must be valued much less than with nav business, so you have definitely have something to fight and argue about..
cheers rumman
Old 10-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by breytonhartge' post='345837' date='Oct 17 2006, 04:37 PM

BS sir, as the e60 idrive module exists in two types:

for car with any kind of nav

for car with no nav at all like mine got TT Go 700

but as regards the value not true max 2-3000$ difference when you sell it, I can retrofit this for 3000 anytime, but for the moment do not need.

Look you should go to ANOTHER dealer and I am sure you will not regret it, if they do this when you order and want to pay them, what they are going to do with you and the car when it is in for gimmicks and service may be we do not want know :'( BEST LUCK!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by ats77' post='346557' date='Oct 19 2006, 02:45 PM
BS sir, as the e60 idrive module exists in two types:

for car with any kind of nav

for car with no nav at all like mine got TT Go 700
but as regards the value not true max 2-3000$ difference when you sell it, I can retrofit this for 3000 anytime, but for the moment do not need.

Look you should go to ANOTHER dealer and I am sure you will not regret it, if they do this when you order and want to pay them, what they are going to do with you and the car when it is in for gimmicks and service may be we do not want know :'( BEST LUCK!
Thats what I told him to do right from the start but its up to him, it`s his money in the end.
Yes I can see in the long run he will have more trouble with the dealer and service.

JUST GET ANOTHER CAR FROM OTHER DEALER
Old 10-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Members

I have now consulted with legal aid and consumer affairs, both of whom agree I have a very strong case against this dealer. I will take your advice and I will get a car from another dealer.

Have been looking around and I am being offered an E65 745i 2002 model done 55000kms and it comes with the platinum package, which gives me 2 years BMW unlimited km warranty, 2 years free servicing, 2 years free roadside assist. This will also come with lots of other benefits such as free Hyatt Club membership, etc... now this sounds like a good deal. All the perks of purchasing a new 7 for less than half the price...
Old 10-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Good decision. And good luck!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by breytonhartge' post='346725' date='Oct 20 2006, 02:34 AM
I have now consulted with legal aid and consumer affairs, both of whom agree I have a very strong case against this dealer. I will take your advice and I will get a car from another dealer.

Have been looking around and I am being offered an E65 745i 2002 model done 55000kms and it comes with the platinum package, which gives me 2 years BMW unlimited km warranty, 2 years free servicing, 2 years free roadside assist. This will also come with lots of other benefits such as free Hyatt Club membership, etc... now this sounds like a good deal. All the perks of purchasing a new 7 for less than half the price...
Well done not you can have a good sleep at night.
Hope you get a good car and a better dealer too

Quick Reply: Should I cancel the contract??