E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Rear facing car seat tether anchor point on front seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This anchor point is not present in US spec E61

I am curious for EU spec E61, can someone post a picture

This may be present on the front seat rails towards the back for tethering a rear facing car seat tether strap

Thanks
Old 07-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Why front seat? I don't recall ever seeing any LATCH system anchor points on the front seat of a car that has rear seats...
Old 07-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy
Why front seat? I don't recall ever seeing any LATCH system anchor points on the front seat of a car that has rear seats...
For EU Maxi cosi Mobi
For US Britax advocate CS in rear facing mode

Just one example of each area

ps you may be confusing latch ie isofix
with tether

This front seat tether points are not on the seat backs but usually on the front seat rail and are color coded
Old 08-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Members

anyone ? anyone ?
Old 08-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Nope the mounting points are on the back seats, and I've never seen one in any car or truck with the mount point on the back of the front seats.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bigbadbull
Nope the mounting points are on the back seats, and I've never seen one in any car or truck with the mount point on the back of the front seats.
+1 ... It's also illegal in the US to put a rear facing child seats in the front.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Members

Well to mention it again.

for Extended rear facing car seats ie till 4 year old, maybe 5-6

a few car seats (in the US) recommend (not mandatory yet) attaching a tether to a tether point usually on the rail of the front seats

Volvo's have these tether points. Some cars have them on the roof like the subaru's

One way to get around is to use:
http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/isakswings/ratetherrf.html

Unfortunately Comfort seats do not allow this to pass around the rail, as best as I can tell.

Now maybe someone over in the EU especially Sweden can help to see if they see a tether point on the rails of the front seat and take a photo.

This tethering of rear facing car seat is the law in Sweden so I am sure there is a way.

I have looked at realoem but have not found anything.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by obiwan
Well to mention it again.

for Extended rear facing car seats ie till 4 year old, maybe 5-6

a few car seats (in the US) recommend (not mandatory yet) attaching a tether to a tether point usually on the rail of the front seats

Volvo's have these tether points. Some cars have them on the roof like the subaru's

One way to get around is to use:
http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/isakswings/ratetherrf.html

Unfortunately Comfort seats do not allow this to pass around the rail, as best as I can tell.

Now maybe someone over in the EU especially Sweden can help to see if they see a tether point on the rails of the front seat and take a photo.

This tethering of rear facing car seat is the law in Sweden so I am sure there is a way.

I have looked at realoem but have not found anything.
Well, it isn't really the thethering as such that is a law over here, but the fact that child seats must be properly fastened and preferrably facing the rear for child seats for children up to 4 years of age; using tethering or isofix. So, there are, apart from Volvo, no mandatory tethers in cars. You simply use the ones you get with the child seat.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by narvselius
Well, it isn't really the thethering as such that is a law over here, but the fact that child seats must be properly fastened and preferrably facing the rear for child seats for children up to 4 years of age; using tethering or isofix. So, there are, apart from Volvo, no mandatory tethers in cars. You simply use the ones you get with the child seat.
Thanks for correcting that, rear facing till 4 by convention.
Problem I am having is that the comfort seat do not allow the use of the anchor strap (supplied to use when there is no tether point), there is nothing to anchor it around unlike the regular seats that have a metal rail around which you can work it.