E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Quad exhaust on e61 (non M5)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
mvd
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E63 650i

Thanks for the pictures. Do you have partnumber for that exhaust? I tryed search Remus.eu and i only got this version on my wagon:

Old 01-07-2012, 12:30 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '04 E61 525d TITANGRAU II METALLIC (A36) LEDER DAKOTA/BEIGE 3 (LCBA) SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS ALARM SYSTEM ROOF RAIL SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH FLOOR MATS, VELOUR INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE WOOD TRIM CUPHOLDER SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) XENON LIGHT ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING CRUISE CONTROL NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL CAR TELEPHONE PROFESSIONAL CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS

I mostly did it for the looks of things indeed. Weight saving is a bonus I got. The remus weighs next to nothing compared to the OEM muffler. Problem in Belgium is that with a system like yours I wouldn't pass the yearly car inspection. With my E-approved Remus (and only the Remus) I pass without a problem. That's the main reason I went this way. I wanted to keep the car road-legal.

Now for the partnumber of the Remus. In the link to my other topic above you can watch a youtube movie of the sound when installed. At the beginning of the movie the pn. is shown. Keep in mind that this is the exhaust for diesel-engines. The one for petrol engines is different. This one uses a tube that runs in front of the spare tire and then back again where the compressor is located. So for the petrol version the compressor has to be moved. That's why I also removed mine in the first place, because I thought that both versions were the same installation-wise. They actually aren't.

Edit: I looked it up. On the official Remus sites I don't find either system anymore. This is a link to a webshop selling the petrol version.

http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2/...-bmw-5-e60-e61

And this is a Dutch shop selling the Diesel one.

http://www.procartuning.nl/bmw-5-ser...plex-0172.html

The same dutch shop also sells the petrol version. The picture on the page isn't correct however. The picture in the beastpower link above is the correct one.

http://www.procartuning.nl/bmw-5-ser...plex-0000.html

Note that for the diesel version the Dutch webshop states: "ZVS" wich means they are the last ones in stock and they can't be ordered anymore from Remus. So by the looks of things it seems that Remus has stopped production of the Diesel version for sure. For the petrol version this isn't actually said but since it's nowhere to be found anymore on any of the official Remus sites, chances are that this version also isn't produced anymore...
Old 06-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

I am putting a quad exhaust on my E61 with M-package. But I have big problems finding the right diffuser. I've found several options, and contacted Schiedmann (no reply yet ) but the big problem is that I also have a removable trailer hitch and would rather not lose that I'm not using it on a daily basis, but every now and then it comes to good use.

The exhaust is laying around the garage for about a month now The car is remapped, only the sound is still missing

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

John
Old 07-07-2012, 11:09 AM
awt
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2001 320Ci Coupè

These guys got one, but I have no experience with the shop or product.

http://www.tvw-cardesign.de/index.ph...user&idmenu=19

If you buy it, please give a little review as I'm thinking of quad exhaust myself.