5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E61 Touring Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/)
-   -   Panoramic Sunroof "Windnoise"? (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/panoramic-sunroof-windnoise-37317/)

ademitt 03-01-2007 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='396918' date='Feb 28 2007, 05:47 PM
It's all software these days, isn't it? ;)

Kidding aside, I agree that this is an analog problem, not a digital one...

Please see attached. :think:

And before the flames come out, it is a 100% touch free high pressure car wash :)

Heiss5 03-01-2007 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='397284' date='Mar 1 2007, 01:39 PM

Ahh, I see. So basically what was happening is your sunroof was not closing all the way, which probably means that the servos stopped running before the sunroof was closed, hence a software update.

ipp 03-01-2007 12:46 PM

It's all software these days, no kidding this time.. ;)

Rudy 03-01-2007 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='397284' date='Mar 1 2007, 04:39 PM

And before the flames come out, it is a 100% touch free high pressure car wash :)

Did the wind noise go away? On the loaner car I drove, it seemed that the roof was closing all the way but that it was misaligned (up and down). Pressing up on the frame stopped the noise so I'm figuring that unless there's a software adjustment that causes the leading edge of the roof to move up, this fix may still be a mechanical one.

In your car, not only did you have a wind noise but you also had a water leak. To me, that sounds like the roof wasn't closing all the way so recalibrating the close point would certainly help...

ademitt 03-01-2007 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='397343' date='Mar 1 2007, 04:21 PM
Did the wind noise go away? On the loaner car I drove, it seemed that the roof was closing all the way but that it was misaligned (up and down). Pressing up on the frame stopped the noise so I'm figuring that unless there's a software adjustment that causes the leading edge of the roof to move up, this fix may still be a mechanical one.

In your car, not only did you have a wind noise but you also had a water leak. To me, that sounds like the roof wasn't closing all the way so recalibrating the close point would certainly help...

No, the noise is still there although no more issues with water coming in.

I'm going to review cobradav's SIB list. I seem to remember a bulletin on the e61 sunroofs and a retrofit kit available to correct alignment.

jagman 03-02-2007 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jed Peter' post='396373' date='Feb 27 2007, 07:57 PM
I've got a bunch of windnoise coming through the top of the panoramic sunroof.

When I push up on it, the noise goes away.

It's at the service center (2 days now!) and they haven't told me anything yet.

Anyhow, I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem, and if there's a known fix for it yet.

Thanks,

Jed

I have had a number of issues with my Panoramic Roof , wind noise, squeaking in cold weather and a nasty grinding noise when tilting. Dealer has just replaced whole Panoramic roof assembly, after I took one of the technicians out in the car and he could see and hear all the issues.
I'm a happy boy again, roll on that one day of sunshine we get here in the UK :D

tegel 03-05-2007 11:13 AM

Two issues I have notice during winter:

1 rattles driving over bumps from the "bar" in the centre of the roof.
2 the roof "pops" up when tilted, the frontmost glass section pops up as if it was stuck.

Will book a time and get it fixed.

/M

Originally Posted by jagman' post='397524' date='Mar 2 2007, 12:46 PM
I have had a number of issues with my Panoramic Roof , wind noise, squeaking in cold weather and a nasty grinding noise when tilting. Dealer has just replaced whole Panoramic roof assembly, after I took one of the technicians out in the car and he could see and hear all the issues.
I'm a happy boy again, roll on that one day of sunshine we get here in the UK :D

silver530sportwagon 03-08-2007 03:14 PM

I have the same issues as jagman. I am taking it in on the 26th of this month (couldn't get a loaner until then). Hopefully I will be a happy camper when I get the car back because I am certainly not now.

Rudy 03-29-2007 05:39 AM

It seems like we have a successful (hardware) fix...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=408387

narvselius 03-29-2007 06:24 AM

And I thought all along we would have a software update... :whistle: