E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Orient blue vs Mystic Blue

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 08:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to pick the brains of the E60 fans out there

I am in the final stages of configuring a 535d Sport touring. I currently have a silver gray saloon and would like to change to a blue color. Orient blue is my favorite so far, dark and probably a pain to keep clean though. I have seen pictures and looks great in daylight but clearly trickier when overcast/rainy ie 90% of the time in London
I have also looked at Mystic Blue I really like that colour but it is probably too light. I am going for a beige interior so contrast with Orient blue could be very nice.
Finally Carbon black is nice but way too high maintenance plus a Touring in black can be difficult...
Any views appreciated

C
Old 10-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Contributors

I have attached a couple of pics with Mystic Blue and Beige interior that I took while deciding. Two of the pics are under a overcast day in CO, and one in Sunny CA to give you an idea of this color combo even though on a sedan.

Overcast in CO
Orient blue vs Mystic Blue-mb_beige.jpg
Orient blue vs Mystic Blue-mb_beige2.jpg
Sunny in CA
Orient blue vs Mystic Blue-mb_beige3.jpg
Old 10-17-2004, 09:03 AM
Members

Somewhat biased because I chose it, but I think the Orient Blue with Beige Interior is classic BMW and looks amazing. Pictures on the internet don't do the Blue justice. In the real daylight it is georgeous.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:18 AM
Contributors

Orient Blue was for me. I wanted a dark color and my wife wanted blue so we compromised. It is funny because I occasionaly get the question," How do you keep Black so shiny?"

Plus after seing icefly's it should help you finalize your decision. Oreint Blue E61.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Members

Thank you all for the swift reply.
I think in a sunny place the Mystic is outstanding, unfortunately English's weather being what it is, Orient might be better.\
How difficult is Orient Blue to maintain?
Also I saw Icefly's pictures, I think Orient blue is really tough to render well in pictures.
I will also go for the high gloss shadow trim as per Iceman's car, that should give the car a great look
Old 10-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

Mystic Blue is the way to go. Since kigerka said his was mistaken for black sometimes, I think it will be fine for London.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Contributors

Orient isn't hard to maintain at all. Sometimes when it rains for a week the back looks like poop. Still looks good from the rest.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Sapphire Black 545i, Auburn interior, PDC, Fold-down rear seats, Nav, Premium sound

i had an orient blue before - looks good
Old 10-18-2004, 10:02 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530 Touring XDA E61 M-Kit,X-Drive,and more n more :)

hi friends,

what shall i say ... i love Orientblue ....

@iceman fog in Mainhatten...foglight-time

ice
Old 10-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

I think Mystic is better for rain/ low light, because Orient will look black. In the sun, the pictures above show you Mystic can really look bright, but in lower light, it's more sedate and never looks black. I was going to do one of the blues, and lots of people say they love my 545 sedan in mystic. That's my vote.

Quick Reply: Orient blue vs Mystic Blue