E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Newbie with a daft question :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with a daft question :(

Firstly hello to everyone, great forum sorry if this sounds daft !!
I have a 55 E61 520d SE Touring , the issues I have are rear heater not working , number plate light not working , rear wiper not working. I have read all the info and great pdf on repairs to the harness. Now this might sound daft but in regard to opening the rear glass how should it work I am assuming its the small button below the wiper arm ? I have tried pressing this and lifting the glass, tried with ignition on/off doors locked / unlocked . nothing am I missing something or is this too broken. If it is there any way of completing the harness repair ? i have removed the speakers , and covers inside and can feel the loom behind the guides and broken tape, now I am assuming i need to lift the glass remove the clamps and that will give me enough slack to hopefully pull out the wires to repair ?? sorry its a long post, any help would be great.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

I believe you're from Sweden? Check a thread on Autopower - there is an exact description how your problem can be solved!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 520d M Sport

Hi
I agree with others Its the switch for the glass panel that is faulty, which makes the panel open on its own and flag up high batery drain warnings
Ive replaced mine today,
When I came to open the glass to get to the wiring etc, the switch had stopped working altgether
Other posts said to remove the trim to acess the manual release,
what I did was to take off the wiper arm 10mm nut, remove the 24mm nut holding the switch, this allows you the pull the switch away from the glass exposing the two wires, I cut these and touched them together and the glass opend
now I could get to the wiring etc
I did check first with BMW that there wasnt a resistor in the switch and was told" no its just a press to make contact switch"
I opened the old switch and found water inside !!!!!!!!!
Maybe getting in when using jet wash cleaning companys ????
Good luck