E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

New M Sport Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 03:34 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 e61 deep sea blue auto
Model Year: 009
Engine: n54

Originally Posted by e61msport535
Hello all - Merry Christmas

My wife and I made an impromptu trip to Seattle from Boise to pick up a 2010 E61 M Sport (Jet Black/Black Dakota). Funny story - someone else bought it but realized it was too much car for them and returned the car under Autonation's policy so I was second in line. We jumped in the car and braved some snowy/icy conditions through the Snoqualmie Pass to bring it back home.

Car is in "ok" shape - 1 owner Seattle car with maintenance history at BMW Seattle/Bellevue. However, in my haste and probably against better judgment I've got a number of issues to chase down. I've listed them below as well as a plan for addressing and ballpark pricing.

1) Front bumper has paint loss and looks like a small shunt - Drivers side is slightly pushed in above driver's side kidney - the bumper isn't broken but the mounting tab looks recessed. Replace brackets and repaint/adjust - $750 (could be another $800 if new cover needed)

2) Drivers side rear corner of bumper has a small paint rub/cracking Repaint/adjust - $600

3) Passenger side front thigh support is broken (motor works and manually moves in and out) - looks like the prior owner's significant other also pulled on it hard and ripped bottom corner of the seat covering Replace gear/sprocket $30 and possibly source used thigh bolster $350

4) Chrome exhaust tips are discolored (specifically the outside one) - hoping this isn't some sign of excess carbon build up?! Replace tips $100 from various sources

5) Drivers' seat has some thigh bolster wear from ingress/egress - Probably leave this as isn't too bad

6) Couple burnt out LEDs in the rear third light bar - Replace with new part $125 from various sources

7) Minor to moderate wheel curbing (worst is unsurprisingly the passenger front probably from parallel parking) Refinish wheels locally $125/wheel = $500 +/-

For now all the other electronics work well and car seems to run well. I didn't have the benefit of a PPI - when I bought the car there was literally a guy waiting in the lot to buy if I didn't close that day. The dealer had 2 other buyers waiting to come in for it as well!

Anyways - wanted to introduce myself and get acquainted to the forum - looking forward (but also a bit scared) to this new chapter of BMW ownership.
this thread is useless without specs, pics, and price
Old 01-04-2019, 06:00 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535i xdrive M Sport

Sorry all for the lack of response - holidays! Pics coming soon. We've actually been driving the heck out of it to ski up in the Idaho mountains so its dirty (but thankfully not salty). I think this is even more sure footed than my LR4.

We paid ~$11.5k. The VIN ends C237550 and is a Schwarz / Black combo. I'd kill for Space Grey as my former Z4M Coupe was Silver Grey over Imola. I've never owned a Black on Black car and frankly don't love the monochromatic look but beggars can't be choosers.

It has the following notable options: P337A and S417A (Roller Door Shades - Wagon Nerd Stuff).