E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

My new to me E61 535d.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Kuul4
I have considered those also. How is it done exactly? Does it need some coding at the dealership? My standard mirrors have heating, fold function and lights underneath and I don't want to give up any of those..

I had BMW fit my recent mods, including the M5 Mirrors, and they did not get the Auto Fold function to work All others are fine, e.g. puddle lights, heating and adjustment. I have put the car into them again today and told them to try again!! I do not know exactly how the coding is done to match the Auto Fold with the door module and mirror, however other members have informed me that it is something you can adjust using the BMW software tools. Its not something dealers are not normally confronted with, so they may need to do a bit more research, and some dealers are better at this than others --- I think that's the most diplomatic way of saying that I will let you know how I get on...
Old 06-07-2010, 03:09 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61 535d

Originally Posted by xBMWx
I had BMW fit my recent mods, including the M5 Mirrors, and they did not get the Auto Fold function to work All others are fine, e.g. puddle lights, heating and adjustment. I have put the car into them again today and told them to try again!! I do not know exactly how the coding is done to match the Auto Fold with the door module and mirror, however other members have informed me that it is something you can adjust using the BMW software tools. Its not something dealers are not normally confronted with, so they may need to do a bit more research, and some dealers are better at this than others --- I think that's the most diplomatic way of saying that I will let you know how I get on...
By auto fold, do you mean that mirrors automatically fold when locking the doors? Mine only fold when I push the the fold button..
Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Kuul4
By auto fold, do you mean that mirrors automatically fold when locking the doors? Mine only fold when I push the the fold button..
The M5 Mirrors do not fold when I press the button or when locking/unlocking the doors, even though my original mirrors had those functions -- note, I did not have my car configured to fold the mirrors when locking the doors, but it has the capability to do it. If you want your mirrors to fold when you lock the doors, thats something BMW can also change in the software. I had it done on my first 2 E60s, but not on the last 2. Hope that makes sense!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 AM
JaU
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How was that "Shadow line" done?

I've bought Black high gloss tape, but I'm afraid that my car will be too black after that
Old 06-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JaU
How was that "Shadow line" done?

I've bought Black high gloss tape, but I'm afraid that my car will be too black after that
I painted the trims as I got fed up with the wrappings..
Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 AM
JaU
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you like to paint mine too ??
Old 06-11-2010, 04:15 AM
mvd
Members

My Ride: E63 650i

Originally Posted by JaU
Would you like to paint mine too ??
Mine too
Old 10-02-2010, 03:07 AM
Members

Long time no story.. I've had some motivational problems regarding the car.. Just been driving and filling up the tank.

Now it's time to start something new again, I ordered these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E61-TOURING-ESTATE-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS-red-clear-/360246591559?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e05ec047#ht_3844wt_913
I will at least try them on, if they look bad/cheap I'l probably sell or return them. Also some wrapping projects coming.. And next week I'll have the car polished and waxed.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Why didn't you go the OEM/Bruce route with the tail-lights? Please post some pics when you've got these installed, I'm curious what appearance they'll give...

And as for just filling up and driving, that's a reward in itself with such a car, right?
Old 10-02-2010, 06:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Theo
Why didn't you go the OEM/Bruce route with the tail-lights? Please post some pics when you've got these installed, I'm curious what appearance they'll give...

And as for just filling up and driving, that's a reward in itself with such a car, right?
These are quite much cheaper and they are plug and play.. If I remember right the OEM tails cost over 500? + cables. Does anyone know how much are those by the way??

Quick Reply: My new to me E61 535d.