E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

My new car has arrived at the dealer's

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Looks great. The Carbon Black and the 172s with the M Tech kit is killer. (But I am biased).

And of course, the kids are adorable too. The best "mods" of all.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:13 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

CONGRATS!!!

That's an incredible car. Its just the best of everything, which you would expect from a late production model, but you've also kitted it out beyond belief! The colour combo is also spot on: sports, classy and contrasting. I agree with sdg1871, the Carbon Black, M172s and M-Sport is fantastic, but again, I'm also biased

The iDrive looks great and nice to read about those subtle enhancements. Again, I am very jealous about your Sports Auto!
I would recommend you get some black mats, which your overly friendly dealer will no doubt be able to help you with

Hopefully get to see it in person some time over the summer. We should try to get a meet set up in June/July/August, obviously AFTER you have got past the drive-in period I added something to "Scandinavia post".

ENJOY!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 530i M-Sport Carbon Black, black Dakota leather, advantage, comfort and M-Sport package, comfort seats, sport automatic transmission, alarm system, rails, folding and auto dimming mirrors, PDC, xenons, hi-fi loudspeaker system, USB interface, detachable towbar, navi pro, bluetooth phone prep. light package.

Congrats on the new ride, what a fantastic combo sooo damn beautiful!!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Contributors

Very nice look and great option choices. Is it gasoline, not diesel powered?

Enjoy it and drive safely
Old 05-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

Great car!! Love the new idrive system!

The price in DK = x 2! I want one with the new idrive system so bad!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Woohoo!
what a beauty! congrats to your new pride, I assure you that the new I-Drive is the burner, It's very easy and intuitive to undestand, I'm sure you will catch the new possibilities in a short time.

compared to the old NAVI the new one is much better and a lot faster..
best improvement is the HDD with 12,5gb, I utilized almost the whole space on the HDD on my car, ~ 1200 mp3.

Did you subscribe for Internet? here in Germany it costs about 15?/month..

Another improvement that would be very useful for you is BMW online. you get a free access to your e-Mails/news/wheater and so on..free for 3 years..

SAT makes such more fun than the normal trans.. sport button FTW!! - When I leave work in the evening I use approx. 90% of the time the sport button..it makes me happy

have fun with your new family member...
Old 05-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Members

Dude! That thing is Sweeeeeet!!!!!!

Very cute kids too!

I am experiencing serious sport-auto envy... thats not available here in the US...arrrggghh!!

Call me lazy, but I think I should have gotten an Auto (mine's 6MT). I just can't shift that fast in my old age...
Old 05-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by ivano
Did you subscribe for Internet? here in Germany it costs about 15?/month..

Another improvement that would be very useful for you is BMW online. you get a free access to your e-Mails/news/wheater and so on..free for 3 years..
I had the BMW Online in my LCI 525d. At first I thought whats the point (it came with a company car package), but then when stuck in traffic jams or my wife was driving the car, you could check up on local and international news, weather and sport. I actually really liked it. I bet its even better when combined with the internet option and probably something I would opt for, simply because its a bigger and better screen than doing it via you smart phone.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by ArneR.
When do the mods start then? 20" wheels, lowering etc?? ;-)
I ticked the box "perfect from factory" in the options list. Hence, no need for further modding...

Originally Posted by xBMWx
We should try to get a meet set up in June/July/August, obviously AFTER you have got past the drive-in period I added something to "Scandinavia post".ENJOY!
I'm game! Any ideas where we should meet this time? We boast a real Tudor style pub in my village - imported from the UK brick by brick; of course called "Shakespeare's pub". Nice place, but as we shouldn't drink and drive...

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Is it gasoline, not diesel powered? Enjoy it and drive safely
I tried the diesel version, but being brought up with Alfa Romeo engines and their eagerness for high revs, the step towards a diesel is just one too many. I dislike the rattling sound and cannot enjoy the big umph at lower revs when there is not much happening >4.000. So petrol it is again. Probably not the most economical choice - but than again... looking at the options list it's not an economical car in the first place.

Originally Posted by xBMWx
I had the BMW Online in my LCI 525d. At first I thought whats the point (it came with a company car package), but then when stuck in traffic jams or my wife was driving the car, you could check up on local and international news, weather and sport. I actually really liked it. I bet its even better when combined with the internet option and probably something I would opt for, simply because its a bigger and better screen than doing it via you smart phone.
Still not an option in Sweden. The CEO at the dealer's told me BMW Sweden is building the infrastructure to start it, so it's probably just a question of time. Just to have text messages on the screen is a big improvement for me!

Originally Posted by mmitev
The F11 is surely a beauty but the E61 will remain a class of its own
Hear hear! Not being biased or anything.