E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

My new 525dT -07

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

Originally Posted by fox72' post='435063' date='Jun 12 2007, 11:00 PM
I am finding it hard to guess what kind of tires you have on your car from looking at the pictures. Are they GoodYear Excellence tires? Are you planning to put larger rims on the car this summer? Personally I do not like the look of 16 inch rims on such a car, but having to suffer lots of vibrations with my 17 inch runflats, I guess it is a matter of choice between comfort or looks.
The tires are 225/55 R16 Michelin Pilot Premacy non-runflats. These rims and tires come standard with the 525dT. I decided on those because they are non-runflats and the rather high profile of the tires would result in good ride comfort. I am mostly doing high way driving and want silence and comfort.

When I received the car I realised that 17" rims would look better on the car. It's a leased car so I will probably not change the wheels but keep them for the 36 month lease. For the next car, I will take a new decision. We'll see what rims are available then.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Congrats, great car.

As I am going to change mine soon, I've started to look around which colour to buy it and on first position is the Deep See Blue also because I am definitely board by gray/silver cars.
If have the chance, would you be so kind to post few more pics. with a better light so it would be more understandable how does it look. Had you ever had the chance to compare it with the M5 Interlagos blue, is it similar, lighter, darker etc. If anybody had ever compared is velcome to tell his opinion. Tks indeed for the help.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

Originally Posted by ///Marco.it' post='435741' date='Jun 14 2007, 06:34 PM
Congrats, great car.

As I am going to change mine soon, I've started to look around which colour to buy it and on first position is the Deep See Blue also because I am definitely board by gray/silver cars.
If have the chance, would you be so kind to post few more pics. with a better light so it would be more understandable how does it look. Had you ever had the chance to compare it with the M5 Interlagos blue, is it similar, lighter, darker etc. If anybody had ever compared is velcome to tell his opinion. Tks indeed for the help.
Hi, I will take more pictures when I can. I think that the Deep Sea Blue is darker than the Interlagos Blue. When the sun shines it's quite light but as soon as the sun goes away it's closer to dark blue. There is also a little purple in the color during some lighting conditions.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Members

you say hifi, is this the new dirac stereo? (which should be better than logic7)
or is it something weaker than logic7?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530xda' post='440069' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:08 PM
you say hifi, is this the new dirac stereo? (which should be better than logic7)
or is it something weaker than logic7?
I have the Hifi speaker sets. There's Standard, Hifi, Logic 7 and DIRAC. So Logic 7 and DIRAC would be even better sound than the Hifi. If you can, go for Logic 7 at least. And the USB interface of course. It's great to have my music collection on the ipod and be able to access through the idrive.

I was driving home from work in my 116i today and was listening to a CD. I got bored and wanted to listen to another artist when I realised that I wasn't driving my 525dT. So I couldn't change artist because I only had this single CD in my car. I will have to buy another ipod and connect to the AUX in my 116i as the other ipod is always in the 525dT.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Members

I have driven the car almost 4000 km now. Average consumption is between 0.64 and 0.68 l/100 km. The car feels better and better. I think that the steering, gearbox and brakes feels much tighter now. Could be my imagination though.

The gear indicator is a good thing. You don't hear the engine very much and if the stereo is on you can't hear the engine. Then it's good to get some extra feedback on what ger is the most economical one. Sometime when you want the power to be ready for some acceleration you will of course have to gear down below what the indicator recommends.

The PDC is great for parking. I have only had cars with PDC in the back before, but having it in the front makes a lot of sense when you don't have much space, in garages for example. I wish there was a setting in the idrive that would turn the PDC on at low speeds. Some cars have that and it would be great when you enter a garage. But I can live with having to push the button myself.

Next Sunday I am going away on a 1000 km trip which will be mostly country roads an no highways. That will be fun. In my daily driving it's usually just higway and city driving. I will have to put the top box on the car for this trip. It's the first time with this car but I don't expect it to change behaviour that much. The box is an all black glass fiber box with a shiny surface so it will do the car justice. I would never put on a cheap ABS plastic box in silly colours with a lot of stripings.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gorban' post='440084' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:28 PM
I have the Hifi speaker sets. There's Standard, Hifi, Logic 7 and DIRAC. So Logic 7 and DIRAC would be even better sound than the Hifi. If you can, go for Logic 7 at least. And the USB interface of course. It's great to have my music collection on the ipod and be able to access through the idrive.

I was driving home from work in my 116i today and was listening to a CD. I got bored and wanted to listen to another artist when I realised that I wasn't driving my 525dT. So I couldn't change artist because I only had this single CD in my car. I will have to buy another ipod and connect to the AUX in my 116i as the other ipod is always in the 525dT.
I had logic7 in my 320d which is sold now (great sound), I've already ordered the Dirac for my 530xd, production week is hmmm, next week

edit: is there a button for turning off the pdc when slow driving?

edit2: and do you check the consumption with a calculator too? how is it compared to the car "computer".
Old 06-27-2007, 04:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 530xda' post='440302' date='Jun 27 2007, 12:49 PM
I had logic7 in my 320d which is sold now (great sound), I've already ordered the Dirac for my 530xd, production week is hmmm, next week

edit: is there a button for turning off the pdc when slow driving?

edit2: and do you check the consumption with a calculator too? how is it compared to the car "computer".
The PDC is activated when you put the gear in reverse or when you press the button in front of the gear nob. After it is activated it will stay on for a while and then go away. I think it is determined by your speed. You can of course swith off the PDC by using the idrive control.

I have only used the on board computer in the car to calculate fuel consumption so far. I am planning to do some manual calculations lateron to compare.

My father-in-law has an 330xdT and fuel consumptions is very low. Approx. 0.66 l/100 km according to the car.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:17 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many thanks for the PDC information. I didn't know there is a PDC control button in the car. With alll tips and tricks that are available on this forum, I never actually opened the owner's manual of my car...
Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gorban' post='440090' date='Jun 26 2007, 11:42 PM
Average consumption is between 0.64 and 0.68 l/100 km.
Can't be that low I think?

Quick Reply: My new 525dT -07