E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

MP3 / Ipod Question Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do any of you guys use an mp3 or ipod in the car if so how do you connect them to the sterio
ive used fm transmitters in the past on other cars just wondering if theres a miracle device to connect it

ive seen a inline unit that connects to the aerial cable simular to the proper Ipod one that ive also used in the past where does the car aerial go into is it the single dash cd or somewhare else ????

thanks guys any advise would be much appreciated
Rob
Old 02-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Originally Posted by adventure boy
Do any of you guys use an mp3 or ipod in the car if so how do you connect them to the sterio
ive used fm transmitters in the past on other cars just wondering if theres a miracle device to connect it

ive seen a inline unit that connects to the aerial cable simular to the proper Ipod one that ive also used in the past where does the car aerial go into is it the single dash cd or somewhare else ????

thanks guys any advise would be much appreciated
Rob

What year and where are you located. Do you have a cd changer, or Sat Radio...that would all help for any one to answer your question. Also are you using an iPod, iPod touch, or iPhone and if so which firm ware are you running...

Also do you want an system that you can change stuff from your Idrive ( fully integrated ) or a radio frequency transmitter or AUX jack cable
Old 02-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535xiT - Sapphire Black / Beige

I have an 08 535xiT with the ipod/USB adapter. Its hardwired, the plug is buried in the lowest portion of the center console. There is a cable you'll need with a USB and headphone jack on one end and an iPod adapter on the other. Allows you full access to playlists, genres, etc, via iDrive and steering wheels controls.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Originally Posted by gummysDad
I have an 08 535xiT with the ipod/USB adapter. Its hardwired, the plug is buried in the lowest portion of the center console. There is a cable you'll need with a USB and headphone jack on one end and an iPod adapter on the other. Allows you full access to playlists, genres, etc, via iDrive and steering wheels controls.

This was an option on the LCI cars not all of them have it, the older ones have different options, and it also depends on where they are located. If he has a 6 disk changer in dash or Sat radio he will have to choose which one he wants more since they all use the same port on the radio unit.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Members

What year and where are you located. Do you have a cd changer, or Sat Radio...that would all help for any one to answer your question. Also are you using an iPod, iPod touch, or iPhone and if so which firm ware are you running...

Also do you want an system that you can change stuff from your Idrive ( fully integrated ) or a radio frequency transmitter or AUX jack cable

Im in the UK the car is an 05 525i SE it has got the cd changer no sat nav
I would like a imput jacj ideally to plug in the MP3 player but have no idea where to connect it of if theres a gadget that will plug in somewhare that will aid me it this
thanks Rob
Old 02-14-2010, 06:40 AM
Members

I just got my 2007 550i with M package. Carbon black on black. Beautiful car. The iPod connection is at the rear of the console, 3.5 connector. Pain in the ass! Has anyone installed a hard drive music system that works seamlessly with the factory installed Logic 7?
Thanks.