E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Mats - have I been ripped off?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought some "genuine BMW" new velour mats on eBay but am a little suspicious.

They came in a badly torn bag with a BMW label bearing the right part number 51 47 6 968 373 (RHD cars from Nov 04) but there is no sign of anything that says BMW on the mats themselves (no labels underneath, no logo or name on the top). The driver's mat has a label sewn in underneath at the toe end with a number 106480-11 that seems to bear no relationship to anything on the bag.

They are completely plain on the top, with a fabric edging and a pattern of 8-9mm fibrous dots underneath, and two large Velcro circles for attaching to the carpet. Velcro studs to push through the carpet came with them

Have I been ripped off?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:03 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Take a photo and we'll know..
Old 01-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

hey, I bought exactly those same.
came totaly the same way. it was like 40EUR or something....
in the sellers details was like a Yugoslavian name but he was living in Germany........
well mine are ok. They look totaly the same like the current velour mats I had with the new car.
you seem to have the right ones.... OEM....

New ones at a dealer are like 200EUR for the whole car. that is sick
Old 01-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by DaveH' post='229379' date='Jan 25 2006, 04:32 PM
Bought some "genuine BMW" new velour mats on eBay but am a little suspicious.

They came in a badly torn bag with a BMW label bearing the right part number 51 47 6 968 373 (RHD cars from Nov 04) but there is no sign of anything that says BMW on the mats themselves (no labels underneath, no logo or name on the top). The driver's mat has a label sewn in underneath at the toe end with a number 106480-11 that seems to bear no relationship to anything on the bag.

They are completely plain on the top, with a fabric edging and a pattern of 8-9mm fibrous dots underneath, and two large Velcro circles for attaching to the carpet. Velcro studs to push through the carpet came with them

Have I been ripped off?
Have they the velcro disc on the underside if so they are genuine I bought off ebay a replica set they were rubbish but then got a set of genuine ones for ?19 incl pp what a bargain they don't say BMW anywhere but were in the plastic bags with pt no. I'm happy
Old 01-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Members

Thanks guys. Here are the pics I should have posted in the first place. I guess they are genuine BMW mats. I just expected to see a label somewhere to confirm that. The only label seems to have a non-BMW part number; I guess it could be from whoever makes them for BMW.Mats - have I been ripped off?-mat1.jpgMats - have I been ripped off?-mat3.jpgMats - have I been ripped off?-mat4.jpg
Old 01-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

THEY LOOK CORRECT , THE E60 ARE LESS ROBUST THAN THE E39. I HAD A SET ALSO IN GREY BAGS AS YOU DESCRIBED .THEY WERE THE SAME AS THE ONES SUPPLIED WITH MY CAR I HAD BLACK SO ORDERED GREY FOR SUMMER TO MATCH THE INTERIOR. GOOD PRICE COMPARED TO OEM SUPPLIER.
ANYWAY ENJOY THEM YOU GOTEM NOW.....
Old 01-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by DaveH' post='229628' date='Jan 25 2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys. Here are the pics I should have posted in the first place. I guess they are genuine BMW mats. I just expected to see a label somewhere to confirm that. The only label seems to have a non-BMW part number; I guess it could be from whoever makes them for BMW.Attachment 14693Attachment 14694Attachment 14695
No problems whatsoever, these are the genuine velours foot mats. I did just bought them too and I am pretty happy compared to the OEM version that are gifting when you buy the car.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:52 AM
Members

Thanks, everybody. I can sleep peacefully. Now all I need is the car to go with the mats!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:21 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

Any link to this guy? I have been looking for nice velour mats for the summer.

TNX.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Robert J' post='229845' date='Jan 26 2006, 01:21 PM
Any link to this guy? I have been looking for nice velour mats for the summer.
Hi. He only had one set, but judging from the other items he's selling, maybe more will be available. See:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZstevie996QQhtZ-1

I paid 46 pounds plus delivery. BMW list price in UK is 110 pounds and the best I could get from a dealer was 75 pounds. 110 pounds seems a bit of a rip-off, especially since E90 mats list at only 70 pounds!

If you search eBay for "e60 mats" you'll get plenty of hits. Some of the non-BMW tailored mats look pretty good and sell from about 20 pounds. I emailed a buyer of one particular set, and he was very happy with the quality of them. It's probably worth checking that there's some way of holding them in place - you don't want them creeping around. You probably know that the BMW ones come with Velcro patches on the back and matching pads with barbed plastic stems to fix through the carpet.

Quick Reply: Mats - have I been ripped off?