E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Look under your filters

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 12:17 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d Touring
Default Look under your filters

I bought my e61 early summer from a reputable dealer, it had a full service history although the last owner had it serviced by a non BMW garage, (nothing against none franchised servicing use one myself, have done for years). Just got back from a week at Center Parks, as anyone who has been will know that your car often spends a week under the trees in the car park and this time of year it gets covered in leaves so when home before washing the car I started removing the tree debris from under the back of the bonnet, putting my hand down the back of one of the cabin filter boxes, not only leaves were removed but wet mush so I removed one of the filter boxes, underneath was at least two or three years collection of leaves nicely turning to wet compost which was stopping water passing through the drainage ducts. Both sides needed cleaning out. This takes me back to the start of my tale. Proper servicing would have spotted this. The moral, look under your cabin filters you might be surprised what you may find.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:34 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d Touring

Similar issue here. Had to remove remove the little rubber drain and clear the compost from it! I had about 3" of water in there too! Paint was starting to flake off the the aluminium panel so had to rub it back and re prime it.