E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

kw v3 ride and handling on 2009 US 535xit

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings from Seattle,

I'm thinking of putting KW V3 coil overs on my US spec 535xit. Can anyone who has done this mod describe the ride and handling characteristics of same? I've seen reports on this on other vehicles that have said ride at highway speeds is a bit bouncy and wonder if this holds true for my car. Also,I'm planning on sticking with my stock BMW 17" wheels for overall ride quality and would not want to lower the car more than the minimum front and rear for clearance reasons. Lastly does this help prevent body lean in corners given stock sway bar currently on car (have not been able to find aftermarket sways for this car in the USA). Thank you in advance for any replies.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Black E61 530Xd - M-sport - Comfort - Advantage

Originally Posted by e61it
Greetings from Seattle,

I'm thinking of putting KW V3 coil overs on my US spec 535xit. Can anyone who has done this mod describe the ride and handling characteristics of same? I've seen reports on this on other vehicles that have said ride at highway speeds is a bit bouncy and wonder if this holds true for my car. Also,I'm planning on sticking with my stock BMW 17" wheels for overall ride quality and would not want to lower the car more than the minimum front and rear for clearance reasons. Lastly does this help prevent body lean in corners given stock sway bar currently on car (have not been able to find aftermarket sways for this car in the USA). Thank you in advance for any replies.
HELLO HELLO

The ride and the handling are excellent for my taste!!! Now I´ve been driving 30000km with KW3 and couldn`t be more happier with it.
Here´s my story and some pics.

It affects A LOT to the body lean. IMO you don´t need to change the stock sway bar, because there´s much less bodyroll with the KW3 compared to the M-suspension (tested last summer).

Mika
Old 06-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

I cant speak to much about lean, b/c never really noticed it much before the kw's but all I'll say is get them they are worth it . My cars rides just like stock only better. And I run 19" wheels. Mine are set soft as well.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:35 AM
New Members

My Ride: Boxster S

Going way back to the archives via a search. Question for those running the KW V3s. Is there an xiT specific KW setup for our cars? I'm assuming that you replace the front spring and strut with the coilover and in the rear, keep the air bags, remove the strut, and replace it with the KW strut. Then adjust rear height via sensors, yes?

I love the stock ride. I wish there were drop hats available for the front of these cars so get an inch lower in the front and keep the rest of the setup stock....
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jakekit
Going way back to the archives via a search. Question for those running the KW V3s. Is there an xiT specific KW setup for our cars? I'm assuming that you replace the front spring and strut with the coilover and in the rear, keep the air bags, remove the strut, and replace it with the KW strut. Then adjust rear height via sensors, yes?

I love the stock ride. I wish there were drop hats available for the front of these cars so get an inch lower in the front and keep the rest of the setup stock....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep - Manufacturer Part #: 35220074