E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Kill the f**ker

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, I presume there was no rubbing at the front due to the ET24 of the E65 wheels?

before you head towards the bodyshop, some touch-up paint and wetsanding might fix the scratches as well, of course in the hands of a professional. it will be time consuming, but I presume much less costly than a major respray job.

have a look at this: http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...-procedure.htm
Old 04-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by mmitev
ok, I presume there was no rubbing at the front due to the ET24 of the E65 wheels?

before you head towards the bodyshop, some touch-up paint and wetsanding might fix the scratches as well, of course in the hands of a professional. it will be time consuming, but I presume much less costly than a major respray job.

have a look at this: http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...-procedure.htm

It was not possible to do it without spacer as the tyre has been touching the damper, so I have used 15mm and I did only couple of miles before this happened, but it was rubbing a lot, and when I have replaced the tyres I have found some sign of the tyres touching the plastic wheel arches, so I have decided to go back to 245....., same for the rear, I couldn't fit 295 without spacers and I have used 13mm and it was also rubbing badly. I still have the spacers on the back, but using now 275.

Thanks for it, I will definitely try this before anything else
Old 04-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19

Originally Posted by Pallokerho-35
Holy crap that just makes my blood boil! Are they jealous or something? Who the hell would mess with another guys' car? I hope one day we can teleport these types to pluto.
If you don't have a closed garage - I would definitely get a camera on there, they are pretty affordable now and good quality, not the grainy stuff you see on TV. Will be cheaper than keeping with extra repairs.
Great looking car and I really hope you catch this mofo!

Thanks mate, just finish with the CCTV, but not really sure if anyone can recognize any faces on it and to be honest - most of the youngsters are using the hood in this days, hard to say how much benefit I can have.
The night vision cameras are glowing red and they are easy visible during the night and it can attract the bastards to try even harder.

It's really hard to say, let's just hope for now....
Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8

(They should be f*ckin' killed, man. No trial, no jury straight to execution)
Old 04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by e60oholic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8

(They should be f*ckin' killed, man. No trial, no jury straight to execution)

Old 04-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

You should consider investing in one of these. Foolproof system.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/2137
Old 04-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Lotus99
You should consider investing in one of these. Foolproof system.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/2137

I'll think about it..., thx
Old 05-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Senior Members

Any update on this - did the damage stop once you installed CCTV.

Where I live they are drilling through fuel tanks to steal fuel. Figure maybe 150 Euro / dollar worth of fuel in a tank, 4-5 tanks drilled per evening - makes a good living for the local villain's, keep their s**t-heaps running on free fuel - Not so nice for the car owner with 1000's worth of repairs.

These guys have completely different social agenda to us - pointless trying to understand them. Even a beating won't stop them, they are used to that from their parents, social group etc. Also pointless asking police to help or even wasting your time and effort reporting it - police don't care, just use it for government crime figures.

You did the right thing installing CCTV, even a dummy camera is good - that might work. You just have to face up to the fact you are almost powerless to stop it, you can't directly do anything because police will arrest you and police don't want to know because under resourced and no profit in solving crime.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:54 PM
AMG
Members

Originally Posted by madein
Did anyone have had something similar...
Well, my incident was not as mindless as in your case, but I've been on the receiving end of >£2k worth of damage thanks to a myopic van driver. A couple of months ago I'd left the car parked outside my house (on street parking only around here). A neighbour knocked on the door to tell me someone had clipped the corner of it and driven off - he'd seen the whole thing (but not been able to get the registration).

The guy has damaged the rear bumper (probably repairable), rear quarter panel, and broken the light. The paint is broken and the crease crosses the swage line of the wing, so no chance of a 'paintless' repair method. As it was in for service a couple of days later I got the dealer to quote: £2200 - but that is BMW prices.

After an inordinate amount of time trying to track down the company responsible, I've given up and now accept this is going to have to come out of my own pocket.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by higher
Any update on this - did the damage stop once you installed CCTV.

Where I live they are drilling through fuel tanks to steal fuel. Figure maybe 150 Euro / dollar worth of fuel in a tank, 4-5 tanks drilled per evening - makes a good living for the local villain's, keep their s**t-heaps running on free fuel - Not so nice for the car owner with 1000's worth of repairs.

These guys have completely different social agenda to us - pointless trying to understand them. Even a beating won't stop them, they are used to that from their parents, social group etc. Also pointless asking police to help or even wasting your time and effort reporting it - police don't care, just use it for government crime figures.

You did the right thing installing CCTV, even a dummy camera is good - that might work. You just have to face up to the fact you are almost powerless to stop it, you can't directly do anything because police will arrest you and police don't want to know because under resourced and no profit in solving crime.

It seems to be over, nothing has happened since. But it doesn't let me sleep without thinking about it and checking the CCTV couple of times during the night.

Quick Reply: Kill the f**ker