E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Just ordered my new E61.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 3 great years with a 530D SE, i've just ordered a brand new M-Sport 530D Touring with Media Pack and and few other bells and whistles (Sports Auto transmission,heated seats, blinds, USB Audio, Antrhacite bamboo trim etc)....Titanium Grey with Black Dakota leather (still not sure I did the right thing.....was also tempted by carbon black). I was tempted to get a 530i, but I've enjoyed the diesel engine so much on the current car that decided to stick with diesel in the end.

Anyway......I have a big dog (50kg Deerhound) and we were sick of the dog having to sit in the front footwell ( actually, i think the dog was sick of it more than anyone). I read on another post that there is a pull up cargo net that can act as a form of dog guard......is this standard equipment ? If not, does anyone know the cost of the BMW metal dog guard as I can't find it listed anywhere. Is there also a tailored load space cover available anywhere as I'd prefer to keep dog mud and hair off the carpets....

Also - a question on the USB/Audio interface......if I connect my iPod, can I browse tracks relaibly on the idrive?

Finally - anyone know if the USB interface can just be used to charge devices that take USB power ?

Thanks all...

alasdair
Old 09-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by adentonmiller' post='472668
I read on another post that there is a pull up cargo net that can act as a form of dog guard......is this standard equipment ?
A cargo net is standrard, but it's fabric, not metal.

Originally Posted by adentonmiller' post='472668
Finally - anyone know if the USB interface can just be used to charge devices that take USB power ?
It works like any other USB devide, so Yes!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by adentonmiller' post='472668' date='Sep 21 2007, 09:39 AM
If not, does anyone know the cost of the BMW metal dog guard as I can't find it listed anywhere. Is there also a tailored load space cover available anywhere as I'd prefer to keep dog mud and hair off the carpets....
I would be interested in this as well, I have one for my current A4 which in retrospect maybe wasn't necessary as dog is quite well behaved and would have probably been fine behind the cargo net, provided it is strong enough to hold him in the back in the event of a collision (the net is supposed to stop luggage so I guess it should stop a 20kg border collie, but not sure about a big deerhound?)

A boot liner is also essential, but not just one that covers the floor - I'm looking for one that covers the sides at least some way and preferably with a flap that can fold down to cover the bumper and prevent claws scratching it when himself gets in and out of the car.

Thoughts/ideas would be very welcome.