E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

It's here - my new Touring arrived

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 E61 520dA Alpine White

Hi members!
I did pick up my new touring tonight. Dealer was few hours travel away, so I really got a touch to my new drive on the way back. My first impression is very positive. Actually I think I love it! After all I never had a change to drive it before ordering. The weather changed few times on the way and I had real test drive on windy, icy, snowy, rainy and allmost every possible conditions. The engine seems to be powerful enough for me at least, but it doesn't response as quickly as my ex 530dA did. All the new electronic improvements are great and auto boot lid is Super! Only problems I have is with BT phone to synchronise the phone book with my nokia. Can any of you help me with this?
Here two first pics, taken before the first km. I will send some more, better pics during the weekend.

It's here - my new Touring arrived-aw520da_1.jpg
Ready to go home

It's here - my new Touring arrived-aw520da_2.jpg
White as a snow
Old 01-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Members

My Ride: soon 520d touring delivery week26 Black with black dakota lether M-sport xenon big climat towhitch elec,trunkdoor hifispeakers usb/mp3 option ext,int,light isofix comfortseats

Originally Posted by Tommi' post='516524' date='Jan 12 2008, 12:42 AM
Hi members!
I did pick up my new touring tonight. Dealer was few hours travel away, so I really got a touch to my new drive on the way back. My first impression is very positive. Actually I think I love it! After all I never had a change to drive it before ordering. The weather changed few times on the way and I had real test drive on windy, icy, snowy, rainy and allmost every possible conditions. The engine seems to be powerful enough for me at least, but it doesn't response as quickly as my ex 530dA did. All the new electronic improvements are great and auto boot lid is Super! Only problems I have is with BT phone to synchronise the phone book with my nokia. Can any of you help me with this?
Here two first pics, taken before the first km. I will send some more, better pics during the weekend.

Attachment 42781
Ready to go home

Attachment 42782
White as a snow
Congrats and enjoy!
Mine look the same but black and 18" winter weels!
Old 01-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

That is a fine automobile. Congrats.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Congratulations on the new ride! You will get a better response to your Bluetooth question if you post it in the the Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum. Good Luck
Old 01-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Tommi , congrats ! I know white cars are unique in Europe............ you are a trail blazer !!
PS A/W is one of the fastest growing colors in N/A............

Cheers
Old 01-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Congrats Tommi!!

Your ride looks fantastic -- white E61 m-sport with tinted windows

As for the blue-tooth connection to your nokia, I can only direct you to the Bluetooth & Cell Phone section of the Forum. (I have a Motorola and it works just fine.)

Enjoy...
Old 01-12-2008, 02:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW E60 525dA - Comf. seat, Hi-Fi Logic7, Navi prof, carphone prof, seat ventilation, Dynamic Drive, Active steering ++ Retrofits:- 9x20 & 10x20 BMW Style 101 w/ 255/30 ZR20 and 305/25 ZR20- 35/35 H&R sport springs - M-sport package- M5 trunk li

Congrats with your new car. Enjoy it and please post some more pictures..
Old 01-12-2008, 05:16 AM
Members

Bought it from Laakkonen Herttoniemi? That's where I got mine
Old 01-12-2008, 05:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M-Sport Auto, Individual Spec (Ruby Black Paint, Champagne Nappa Leather, Piano Black Trim), Media Pack (Navigation Professional, Bluetooth, CD Changer, Voice Control), Sun Protection Glass, 19" Style 172 Rims, Hi-Fi Speakers, Heated Seats

[quote name='Tommi' date='Jan 11 2008, 11:42 PM' post='516524']
Hi members!

Sweet Ride - enjoy!

I really like Alpine White on BMWs - seems to suit most models, and there's something of a renaissance for this colour in the UK right now.
White is the new black, it seems.......
Old 01-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 520dA Alpine White

Originally Posted by tume' post='516768' date='Jan 12 2008, 04:16 PM
Bought it from Laakkonen Herttoniemi? That's where I got mine
That would have been the closest dealer, but as the price difference was close to 5000eur (5k?! ) it was more than fine for me to drive a bit further away.

Quick Reply: It's here - my new Touring arrived